Okoboji Info

• wiwalleye
    Madison, WI

Hi:
    I’m planning on fishing in the RCL League Championship on one or both of the Okoboji lakes September 6-7. Does anyone know which lake/resort the tournament is being run out of? I am looking for recommendations on lodging. Doesn’t have to be on the water, just ‘fisherman friendly’ – room for boats, electrical plug-in, etc.

I am also thinking of coming out to pre-fish one long weekend in August, perhaps 8/22-24. Is there a campground with a good launch (and room for a boat) on either lake? Anyone want to go fishing that weekend? Thanks.

Tim

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Tim I can help you out if you want.I live in the area and know the lakes very well.Let me know what you want to do?If you want my e-mail I’ll give it to you.Take care.
    Ryan Hale

EricNaig
    Cylinder, IA

Congrats on making the championship!

There are many great places to stay in the area. http://www.vacationokoboji.com is a good place to look and/or call (800) 270-2574 and the Okoboji Tourism people will help you out.

Good Luck,

Eric Naig

IceMan1

Tim,

I would be able to help you prefish these lakes also if you need the help. I live only an hour south of these lakes and fish them quite regularly. Let me know

Shane

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

It’s a great time to hit East and West Okoboji! There were some fish over 8#’s brought in last week during the GNWC championships.Fish West for your trophy fish and East for #’s of fish.There is also a great white bass bite going on East also.Alot of these white bass are around the 1# range and are a very good fighters!
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.