Oil Fill and Vent Plug

• Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

I have a 2000 Warrior V1890 tiller with the hydraulic steering. Does anyone know what this fill cap is for or what type of oil I should add to it?

Attachments:
    1. 20200614_184852.jpg

Kenny Fisterbottom

Looks like the hydraulic steering reservoir. If that is the case, hydraulic steering fluid would be what you would add.

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

Seastar hydraulic steering fluid is what they wreck amend, but you shouldn’t need to add any unless your seals are leaking witch you will notice in the steering wheel your motor won’t respond right when turning the wheel. Mine were out and its not fun trying to control the boat.

Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

I haven’t really noticed its hard to steer but its hydraulic steering tiller. I looked and can’t see any oil in there.

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

It won’t be hard to steer just really sloppy.

Kenny Fisterbottom

Not sure you will see any oil looking in the tube. The reservoir may be down a foot or more. Not sure on a tiller where it is, but on my wheel boat I can’t see anything either.

Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

Thanks for the information. Would it be wise to add a little bit? I have no idea when any was added. I haven’t noticed any change since I have had the boat 2 years. But it is a bit tight to turn when trolling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.