Off to ICAST I go

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Curious if anyone else will be at ICAST.
    I’LL have some time over the next few days to visit a number of booths. As time allows, I’ll try to update with some of the newest items for 2015.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Have fun out there Randy. Shoot us some pics and a description of some of the new stuff that really stands out if you get time.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I’ve always wanted to go… Enjoy!

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

wont be there, but this is fresh off facebook! I think its about time. I hate that big I-pilot Link remote.

Minn Kota® Goes Small with New i-Pilot® Micro Remote
    RACINE, Wis. (July 2014) – Continuing its tradition of angler-minded thinking, Minn Kota® announces the newest i-Pilot® accessory, the Micro Remote. The remote can be seen at Minn Kota’s ICAST booth, #1041, starting Wednesday, July 15.
    The Micro Remote provides quick command of speed, steering, Spot-Lock, Advanced AutoPilot™ and prop on/off, all from a compact design. It is waterproof, floats and comes standard with a neck lanyard.
    The Micro Remote is compatible with both i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link™ systems, and works along with the existing remotes.
    “i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link offer a vast array of features with an integrated LCD remote control that makes it easy to keep track of each active function,” Minn Kota Senior Product Manager Dave Maryanov said. “However, for the times when you simply need quick command of steering and the most used i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link features, the Micro Remote is the perfect solution.”
    The Micro Remote accessory will be available to consumers Fall 2014 and has a suggested retail price of $99.99.
    For more information, visit minnkotamotors.com, contact Minn Kota, P.O. Box 8129, Mankato, MN 56002, or call 800-227-6433.
    Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Johnson Outdoors and consists of the Minn Kota®, Cannon® and Humminbird® brands. Minn Kota® is the world’s leading manufacturer of electric trolling motors, as well as offers a complete line of shallow water anchors, battery chargers and marine accessories. Cannon® is the leader in controlled-depth fishing and includes a full line of downrigger products and accessories. Humminbird® is a leading global innovator and manufacturer of marine electronics products including fishfinders, multifunction displays, autopilots, ice flashers and premium cartography products.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I would buy a micro remote in a heartbeat.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Good luck out there and have fun. Looking forward to hearing what catches your eye!

Joel

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Did an early walk through to meet up with a lot of manufacturers I know. The formal release of new product information isn’t complete yet and a lot of booths are still being set up. So I have to refrain from posting much yet.

Generically, what a year to be a kayak enthusiast. Tons of great products to make your life easier. Looked at some really cool designs in organizing your gear.

Electronics- some products look ggimmicky until you look at the application. One that caught my attention is a transducer/cell phone app. The technology used is very impressive.

Quantum has an expanded line up of smoke reels. I didn’t get to play with them all yet. Haven’t had a chance to see their new rods.

As for anyone thinking about how many fishing products are available. You have no clue until walking past over 3000 booth spaces. Obviously big companies like quantum, diawa, gopro,….uUse multiple spots. So many companies that I have never heard of.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Here is a fish finder app that works with your phone. They have a fish tank set up and the level of separation is very good. So, finally here is one that works. Fish Hunter. Will retail around 250.oo

Attachments:
    1. 20140716_115810.jpg

2. 1405526831646.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Reusable heat/cold packs. Very cool design and last up to 5 years

Attachments:
    1. 20140716_115020.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

View of the floor

Attachments:
    1. 20140716_084348.jpg

Bryan Myers

That shot of the floor looks a little overwhelming with all the booths, but it would be incredible to get to see it all.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

That shot only shows about 1/4 of the space. I spent about 3 hours walking it yesterday and didn’t get very far. Talking with Ike, KVD, Lane….didn’t help to speed the process

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.