Now or wait until later?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Anybody going to forecast the game tonight or wait until tomorrow to say……

A) I knew for a fact they would kill ’em. woot

B) I knew they were over rated, they suck……seasons over. cry

munchy
    NULL

I know for a fact that I will not be watching it.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Twins playing tonight? grin

I’m going to skip the game so I can watch the DVR of the senate judicial hearing.

Please! No spoilers. Again! Please no spoilers of reading into something not there.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ll go out on a limb and predict a close win for the Vikings…24 to 20.

Both defenses will show up, but the injured top CBs for the Rams will result in a couple big plays on mental lapses.

Paul Allen will go from nearly crying on air to predicting a Superbowl run in just a handful of days.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Call me Negative Nancy, Debbie Downer, whatever. Realistic, I’m going with C, sould be better with these players but never had a chance.
    If I’m wrong, I like my crow wrapped in bacon with mozzi sticks and an Amberbock. But I won’t lose any sleep or know the score till tomorrow morning when I find somewhere with internet……

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

My lawn chair will stay out on the Nicollet Mall until after the parade

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Guess I’m going with “B”

I was scarred way back in 1970 as an 11 year old when the Chiefs trounced the Vikes and have had cautious optimism for awhile after that until they lost the next 3 SB’s…the last of which they’ve appeared.

Since then I’ve expected they’d lose every game and then could celebrate every game they did win in a reverse psychology.

I was a bit surprised by last weeks loss…but not really. neutral

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’m going to skip the game so I can watch the DVR of the senate judicial hearing.

waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Reflecting back on my high school days, I dont think I would qualify as a Supreme Court Justice, at least from what I can remember

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Would somebody please check and see if the Viking defense is still sitting on the tarmac in Minneapolis.

Thank you.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Reflecting back on my high school days, I dont think I would qualify as a Supreme Court Justice, at least from what I can remember

So you didn’t have a poster in your bedroom of All Pro, HOF, Vikings defensive tackle Alan Page?

Attachments:
    1. images.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

So you didn’t have a poster in your bedroom of All Pro, HOF, Vikings defensive tackle Alan Page?

Think I didn’t? peace

bassh8er

Ha, Vikings. Don’t remember any of those other great defenses that led their teams to the Super Bowl letting an average QB shred them for over 400 yards.

At least they have that Kirk Cousins led rushing juggernaut to fall back on.

Pete S

just glad to see that the dom capers defense is alive and well in minnesota

great to see sam shields playing but maybe he should have stayed retired, yikes

basseyes

Better offensive line has been a need for so long even as a lifetime skeptic of the Vikings, this has me baffled why it’s so casually, almost seemingly brushed off.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

No pressure on Goff…..zero! Coverage was brutal. Oh well I hope they are happy with it. I will sleep like a baby tonight and plan on a couple 20″ eyes tomorrow or else I will feel like a failure. Thanks Zimm!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Had I seen this post yesterday I naturally would have went with B. The defensive minded coach has some serious work to do. 2 games in a row that defense hasn’t shown up for the game. I would be embarrassed if I was Zimmer. redface

Sorry EPG, but that chair is going to rot and crumble before it gets any use. Better make that purple kool aid a double this morning.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Ha, Vikings. Don’t remember any of those other great defenses that led their teams to the Super Bowl letting an average QB shred them for over 400 yards.

Jared Geoff Is the the best QB in the NFL,Bar none.
    Patrick Mahomes will push him for that title.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll be needing a spoonful of sugar to help my purple koolaid go down this morning.

But I’ll get it down, then go down and make sure my lawn chair is still sitting in the front row.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Jared Geoff Is the the best QB in the NFL,Bar none.
    Patrick Mahomes will push him for that title.

Those teams are in good windows right now, as well as the Eagles for a few more years with Carson Wentz. One of the best things that can happen for a team is to strike gold with a rookie QB. Quality QB’s help win championships, but when they’re established they cost a lot of money (Rogers, Cousins, Brees, etc.) That leaves much less money available for other key positions (Vikes O-line anyone?) But when you draft a QB that turns out well in his first or second year, you’ve got a really good window while he’s still on that rookie contract to have a quality QB while still having money available for other key positions. That window closes a bit when those guys are eligible for big contracts. They get the money they have coming to them and then all of a sudden there’s much less money available and the pack evens out.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Wow! What happened yesterday. I thought giving Rhodes $6 million last year and Barr $8 million this year would have solidified the defense.
    Must be a bit of animosity and jealousy over discrepancy of of compansation and self worth.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Wow! What happened yesterday. I thought giving Rhodes $6 million last year and Barr $8 million this year would have solidified the defense.

Josh Allen
    Cooper Kupp
    Brandon Cooks
    Plus one of the Bills receivers

That is the growing list of players who, when you view their 2018 highlight reel, will have Anthony Barr in them.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Barr and Waynes, were absolutely torched yesterday.
    Vikings Defense is horrendous, opposing offenses must be averaging 30 pts a game since the Mpls Miracle.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>1hl&sinker wrote:</div>

Josh Allen
    Cooper Kupp
    Brandon Cooks
    Plus one of the Bills receivers

That is the growing list of players who, when you view their 2018 highlight reel, will have Anthony Barr in them.

Not to nitpick, but it was Woods who beat him on the last TD, not Cooks. He was also chasing Gurley on his TD reception. I am glad I’m not the only one who has noticed his knack for being in the opponents highlight reels. He’s been brutal this year.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Barr is up and down on his play but Wayens has always been horrible specialy to his lack of tackling skills. I never understood why teams did not take advantage of going towards Wayens. Stamp your feet and say boo would scare of Waynes from a tackle.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ll be needing a spoonful of sugar to help my purple koolaid go down this morning.

But I’ll get it down, then go down and make sure my lawn chair is still sitting in the front row.

Just don’t wash it down with cheese. It’ll probably give you diarrhea. moon

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

We were outschemed terribly…that seems to be why Barr was torched. How can the coaches let him be on an island with a WR or RB. Terrible defensive scheme.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

All Case Keenum did was win…

queenswake
    NULL

That was a fun game to watch with the incredible offense on both sides. Yeah, it was a loss but not a disappointing one. Both teams played well. Both teams could’ve had better defense. One team had to lose and that was us.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.