Not since the late 60’s – early 70’s

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So, how do they curb the professional rabble rousers that are there just to stir the pot? They know who they are, they have been arrested coast to coast. Who should pay for the damage to the college? Is it on the school (taxpayers) as a cost of doing business? Who pays for the cops? At what point is to much? Columbia wants the New York cops there until after graduation on May 17th! Should that be on the taxpayer or should Columbia have to cough up the cost of paying those cops? Remember for every cop stationed at Columbia there is another cop on overtime covering the first cop.

I’m for peaceful protests until it starts costing ridiculous amounts of money.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Like I previously posted, enough is enough. These things always escalate. National Guard time. Don’t care who you are anymore, if you’re there, you should be removed. Go back to work, go back to class.

CaptainMusky

One Columbia professor canceled all final exams and gave all students an A for the semester.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Like I previously posted, enough is enough. These things always escalate. National Guard time. Don’t care who you are anymore, if you’re there, you should be removed. Go back to work, go back to class.

These things don’t always escalate, and bringing in the National Guard should be an absolute last resort. Google Kent State massacre if you are wondering why. Protests are basically a daily thing on campus, some basic rules/crowd control and lack of attention will send them on their way very soon. If they don’t comply with the rules, arrest them and kick them out of school, Mom and Dad will start paying attention and stop funding them once they get a call from the county jail or the Dean sends an expulsion letter. Anyone not associated with the school should be trespassed. These Marxist protestors want to be the victim of the evil western govt’s, don’t give them the optics or opportunity.

Michael Best

When it comes to the Columbia situation. Everyone that was arrested should be charged with breaking and entering as well as trespassing.
    As for damage that was caused. They should have to pay restitution.
    This is obviously after they had their due process and are hopefully convicted or plead out.
    I am all for our constitutional rights to protest but destruction of property is not covered.

In the situation of the college requesting officer presence. Well that should be on the college to pay for without any additional tax dollars given to cover the cost.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.