Not since the late 60’s – early 70’s

• CaptainMusky

Liberal parents and professors are to blame. And if my kid wanted a tail pinned on her/his ass it would get a good swift kick in it first. And what school system would approve litter boxes for furries. That school board needs a good swift kick off the school board.

It’s more than that the media feeds this garbage to them and also outside actors like Soros are adding to it.

Deuces

That age bracket has always been susceptible to these moral questions and the isreali Hamas situation certainly has no shortage of those questions. Young adults are trying to find themselves, find the world, and with little to no experience in that real world still think that they can make a difference by speaking out. Good for them that voice it responsibly.

As far as the radicals, let’s keep them as such that, the fringe that doesn’t represent the group as a whole. Until I see grown adults with experience and who should know better not get caught up in their own information bubbles and create their own toxic tunnel vision of the world I don’t see any more lost souls in the younger age groups than the older ones.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Seems like the cops at UNLA might of got something right. Looks like they went home for a few hours the other night after I’m sure many days of abuse by protesters. Counter protesters showed up that night tore down the barricades and worked over the protesters. Guess it took the police several hours to reorganize and get back there.

I’m sure I’m not the only one that figures these protests are all part of the war plan in the middle east by our enemies. How could it not be. The last number of years showed how easy our country turns on its self. Send in a bunch of people across the border to help stir the pot and poof. I think they might of learned from 911 that attacking us just pulled us together and we then took the fight to them. Throw in a weak president and here we are.

So how is it that part of Bidens solution to this is to move the terrorist into the US.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Seems like the cops at UNLA might of got something right. Looks like they went home for a few hours the other night after I’m sure many days of abuse by protesters. Counter protesters showed up that night tore down the barricades and worked over the protesters. Guess it took the police several hours to reorganize and get back there.

I’m sure I’m not the only one that figures these protests are all part of the war plan in the middle east by our enemies. How could it not be. The last number of years showed how easy our country turns on its self. Send in a bunch of people across the border to help stir the pot and poof. I think they might of learned from 911 that attacking us just pulled us together and we then took the fight to them. Throw in a weak president and here we are.

So how is it that part of Bidens solution to this is to move the terrorist into the US.

Its painfully obvious that a lot of the bad things happening in and to this country are on purpose. I just wonder if the population will ever put a stop to it.

CaptainMusky

The House apparently just passed a bill that makes it illegal to speak negatively or protest about Israel. Kinda strange to create a bill about that and why only Israel?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

The House apparently just passed a bill that makes it illegal to speak negatively or protest about Israel. Kinda strange to create a bill about that and why only Israel?

That seems like a pretty bad precedent to set.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Do you have a link to an article about this?

Id like to read about it.

Thanks

CaptainMusky

I dont have a link, it was just a tweet I read earlier. It didnt reference anything.

Red Eye

But chanting Death to America is ok?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I may have found something about it:

House passes bill that would enshrine contentious and popular antisemitism definition into US law

I’m pro Israel but this is a slippery slope.

Of coarse the link doesn’t work. I find technology now days so draining. Everything changes so fast. Stupid Firefox. I cant wait to retire and go live in a cave somewhere.

Reef W

I dont have a link, it was just a tweet I read earlier. It didnt reference anything.

Well what more could you possibly need? whistling

It’s HR 6090 and makes the IHRA definition of antisemitism what is considered for purpose of anti discrimination laws.

Definition:

Working definition of antisemitism

Kraig5858

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House passed legislation Wednesday that would establish a broader definition of antisemitism for the Department of Education to enforce anti-discrimination laws, the latest response from lawmakers to a nationwide student protest movement over the Israel-Hamas war.

The proposal, which passed 320-91 with some bipartisan support, would codify the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s definition of antisemitism in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, a federal anti-discrimination law that bars discrimination based on shared ancestry, ethnic characteristics or national origin. It now goes to the Senate where its fate is uncertain.

Riverrat

There’s a few things with the IHRA definition that causes me some concern but otherwise its fairly reasonable. The bill that passed the house is fairly simple, wish they would use that formula more in the future.

CaptainMusky

Apparently there is also something in that bill that outlaws parts of the Bible. WHat a clown world we live in now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Apparently there is also something in that bill that outlaws parts of the Bible. WHat a clown world we live in now.

Maybe read it first, before guessing at what is in it or taking a tweet as gospel bud. rotflol The bill doesn’t mention the bible at all.

FWIW the bill ends with: “1 (b) CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS.—Nothing in
    2 this Act shall be construed to diminish or infringe upon
    3 any right protected under the First Amendment to the
    4 Constitution of the United States.”

http://www.congress.gov/118/bills/hr6090/BILLS-118hr6090eh.pdf#:~:text=H.%20R.%206090%20AN%20ACT%20To%20provide%20for,education%20programs%20or%20activities%2C%20and%20for%20other%20purposes.

CaptainMusky

They dont have to explicitly say it to make it true. In the book of John it is stated that the Jews killed Jesus. So, if we were to actually say this that would be considered Anti-semitic.

isu22andy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    ^What the heck kind of schools are you near?

Our school says the pledge daily, teaches about 9/11, has sports teams that often pray (by choice) before/after competition…

You either have to get out of suburbia or quit guzzling some of the BS media out there.

Reminds me of the “schools are putting litter boxes in schools because students want to identify as cats” paranoia that was never actually a thing. But it fit a narrative many wanted so people ran with it and spread it.

Yep this one ranks right up there with someones cousins uncle talked to a diver and saw catfish as big as VW Beetles below the dam .

10klakes

Some of you need better sources than twitter… maybe try tik tok. chased coffee

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They dont have to explicitly say it to make it true.

Yes, actually they do, and as I previously quoted nothing in this bill will impact the first amendment (which your example would fall under).

Additionally, this bill only applies to enhancing the definitions within Title iv of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which I think it’s safe to assume doesn’t really impact you or the overwhelming majority of people on IDO (unless we are growing our college student base). Also, this new bill is 8 pages of easy reading, I’d recommend reading it before forming an opinion or sharing what you saw online about it.

Riverrat

They dont need to read it BigWerm. It clearly states that if you don’t pledge to admonish the Loch Ness monster for his anti-semetic remarks made while he/she was a Nazi sympathizer then you will be forced to accept the judgement and punishment of Gozer the Gozerian.

mark Mason

Wait until these students get jobs, start paying income, property and sales taxes. They will then realize that the left may not be the correct side of the aisle.

CaptainMusky

property and sales taxes. They will then realize that the left may not be the correct side of the aisle.

Who are we kidding no chance these kids will own homes the way things are going now. Only a few years ago you could buy yourself a home if you made $56k a year. That number now is more than double that. With all their student debt and everything, these kids wont be owning homes anytime soon.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mark Mason wrote:</div>
    property and sales taxes. They will then realize that the left may not be the correct side of the aisle.

Who are we kidding no chance these kids will own homes the way things are going now. Only a few years ago you could buy yourself a home if you made $56k a year. That number now is more than double that. With all their student debt and everything, these kids wont be owning homes anytime soon.

Luckily the parenting generation force fed that crock of crap they call college on so many youth as well did grade schooling. That wasn’t the world’s biggest waste of time and money. Unless my kids will be going for a big important career, college won’t be something that is pushed. I know so many people who are deeply in debt with school and they have the most pointless degrees.
    As for owning a home, they make it near impossible on a 60k income. Very sad. A single level house in my area that’s a half the size of mine is going 350k these days.

Riverrat

Im not sure why everyone blames college. I got a four year degree in the field I’m in for 17,000$ total. This wasnt back in the 90’s or anything either, this was 7 years ago. My classmates were living on campus with meal plans. The exact same degree I got they paid 65,000$ for. And it was entirely their parents fault because the parents income, healthcare, and decisions are what created that bill. I regularly advised kids to emancipate from their parents. The government caught on to that though. Tell your kids to go to PSEO, and community college for the first two years and their bill wont be much different than mine. If you want to go to tech school, guess what that’s called a college too.

CaptainMusky

The problem with a university is they make you take classes that have no relevance to what your degree is going to be. Why should I take Science or Geography classes if I am going into IT? Makes no sense. THat is why the 4 year college thing is such a scam. My middle son is graduating from HS this year and he is going into the trades and attending a Tech school. He will be in the workforce in less than 2 years and be making money on much smaller debt than had he gone to a 4 year school.
    The percentage of college graduates that get an actual job in their degree is staggering. I think its something like only 30% or something actually get a job in the field they schooled for. Whats the point? There are many jobs that companies are hiring for that they actually prefer someone who didnt go to a university. Look up Charlie Kirk once, he is quite interesting to listen to. Never went to college and is making millions and embarrassing these college kids.

CaptainMusky

BC I agree with you 100%. Things are so out of hand now and there is no sign of it changing any time soon. My house appraised for $317K around a year ago. I would NEVER in a million years pay that and you saw my house LOL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BC I agree with you 100%. Things are so out of hand now and there is no sign of it changing any time soon. My house appraised for $317K around a year ago. I would NEVER in a million years pay that and you saw my house LOL

We had a call from a realtor that our house would sell for 350k, I paid 150k less then that a couple years ago. And my house is just a normal neighborhood house much like yours. My house is supposed to be a good starter family home which it is, but the fact that what I want is near impossible to afford making over a 100k a year is saddening. And to see people graduate from college and not be able to afford anything is sad as well. I’m all for education but the scam they run these days is hardly about educating.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Im not sure why everyone blames college. I got a four year degree in the field I’m in for 17,000$ total. This wasnt back in the 90’s or anything either, this was 7 years ago. My classmates were living on campus with meal plans. The exact same degree I got they paid 65,000$ for. And it was entirely their parents fault because the parents income, healthcare, and decisions are what created that bill. I regularly advised kids to emancipate from their parents. The government caught on to that though. Tell your kids to go to PSEO, and community college for the first two years and their bill wont be much different than mine. If you want to go to tech school, guess what that’s called a college too.

What field are you in requiring a 4 year degree.. that was $4250/year ? Genuinely want to know…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Tell your kids to go to PSEO, and community college for the first two years and their bill wont be much different than mine. If you want to go to tech school, guess what that’s called a college too.

I would rather them not do either unless they know exactly what they are going for. There is so many careers these days that don’t require much and train on site that then pay more then a educated person makes. Look at these poor teachers this day and age. One of my good friends is a history teacher and is about to quit to join a trade because his wages are so low. He’d make more being our shop boy

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.