Non toxic rifle, muzzleloader, shotgun slugs

• MNdrifter

Looking at the new regs, seems there’s going to be push for ammunition to be non toxic in the future. I hunt on occasion a couple state parks with several different firearms. What do you guys have success with that are non toxic? I would like to start researching, and trying some now. Some calibers I’m specifically interested in are:
    270, 308, 7mm-08, 50cal muzzleloader, 12 and 20 guage sabot slugs. But I’m sure many others are looking for advice on this topic for hunting state parks and special hunts.

Jimmy Jones

I have 4 inline muzzleloaders that shoot Barnes bullets very well, specifically Barnes expanders or the XPB line. Hornady has a solid copper bullet that is popular. Maybe try a search for custom copper bullets and I’m sure several different makes will pop up for you.

I think the only restrictions on bullets now is state parks or did they expand the use to wildlife management areas too?

Brad Dimond

Federal (12 & 20), Remington(12 & 20) and Winchester (12 & 20) all sell solid copper slug ammo.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I reload and all my hunting bullets are the Barnes TSX. Excellent performance. There are quite a few ammonia manufacturers offering them. Hornady has the new CX bullets in all copper and I’ve heard good things. Never tested them myself

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.