New Boat

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Boats,houses,land,trucks, no ‘pun intended’, appear to be in the “same boat” !

What really hits home to me though , is remembering what boats sold for 10 years ago and what they sell for used today, especially if they are well maintained.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What really hits home to me though , is remembering what boats sold for 10 years ago and what they sell for used today, especially if they are well maintained.

Or what your big white Lund cost in what 2005?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Dean, I don’t see one in your inventory, but any chance a Ranger VS1660T (tiller) will be on display during the open house?

(Asking for a friend) HRG

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Question: With a 28′ boat, do they come with headset radios to talk from bow to stern?

All you need is a coconut shell Skipper…

Attachments:
    1. skipper.jpg

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Ha, you got it! I can buy two nicely equipped F150 crew 4×4’s for the price of one nicely equipped _______ boats with a big fancy motor and sparkly paint, plus goodies.

Boat prices, like most everything else, are based on “what the market will bear”. With the economy the way it is, it will currently “bear” these high prices. When the next recession hits, well, we’ll have to see. I’m guessing when the time comes, there will be plenty of people caught with payments that are unmanageable.

Don’t get me wrong, if you have the means and desire to pull the trigger, go for it, I would. I know I like sparkly paint and big engines….

I was thinking last night – my house cost me about what a decked out rig costs these days.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>francisco4 wrote:</div>
    I’m the one with cash in the safe waiting for that guy to default on the loan.. peace

Randy,

I have debated this in my head often. My biggest fear is that the previous owner didn’t maintain it either as they couldn’t afford the payments. The few repos I have looked at, the credit union didn’t allow me to have an inspection done at my cost. I am pretty confident that you have more experience and a better eye for tell tail signs of possible issues.

FDR

The boat/trailer would be mostly visual.I would be more leery of the engine,maybe one of those guys that go from cold start to full throttle without proper warm-up.But if the price is right,why not?
    [/quote]

Just like I have with my trucks, only pay enough to endure the risk

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I believe it is safe to say that a “non fishing” CPA wouldn’t endorse any dollars to our fishing passions ! With that said, it reminds me when extended cab trucks hit $30 k on the window sticker, people were in shock, but it appears it didn’t impede truck sales.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

With that said, it reminds me when extended cab trucks hit $30 k on the window sticker, people were in shock, but it appears it didn’t impede truck sales.

That’s cuz car manufacturers and banks got together to make sure it didn’t.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Get rid of your kids and the money flows like water. That’s how you afford a new boat with all the bells and whistles.

Love my 3 young kids and wouldn’t trade them for the world, or brand new Ranger. But I have day dreamed about what life would be like if I didn’t have $1,600/month in daycare. Plus doctor bills, food, diapers, and the list goes on…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve been looking at a new-ish boat for a while (since selling my old one) and may have to pull the trigger before baby #2 is on the way or it may be another 3-5 years rotflol . IMO there is a big gap in the market from 20-30k that almost forces you into jumping up another 10-20k to go new. whistling

queenswake
    NULL

They keep saying our next economic downturn will not be too severe, but if it is, I cannot imagine the amount of these expensive boats and trucks will flood the used market. All of this, boats, trucks, campers, wheel houses, ATVs, side-by-sides, snowmobiles is financed like crazy and will be the first to be dumped. How many guys are paying well over $1k a month on their truck and boat payments combined?

I see the older crowd downsize into smaller, more easy to manage boats as they get older and don’t want to be be out in pounding big water every day. The younger crowd, for these few who still fish, will have a lot of choices on the used market to choose from.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    Get rid of your kids and the money flows like water. That’s how you afford a new boat with all the bells and whistles.

Love my 3 young kids and wouldn’t trade them for the world, or brand new Ranger. But I have day dreamed about what life would be like if I didn’t have $1,600/month in daycare. Plus doctor bills, food, diapers, and the list goes on…

2 years and 9 months. Thats how long i have until the trifecta hits – youngest is out of daycare, boat and wifes car are both paid off. Will save me close to 2k a month. I have my heart set on a new truck and i want a quad with trailer and im done forever with toys. Paying cash or >1% interest rate from here on out.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Sitting here on this cold winter day dreaming of taking my new rig out for its maiden voyage that day can’t come soon enough . Going from a 1974 flatbottom with a 9.9 horse and a Cheap quick attach trolling motor to a 2020 bass tracker classic xl . It’s a major upgrade to say the least toast to warmer days

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

This ^^^^^

Daycare/Pre-school is a killer…..

We spend $1,600 a month on it too. That’s more than our mortgage/tax/insurance on our house!!

Wouldn’t trade my kids for all the money in the world, but they sure are good at eating hundred dollar bills lol

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

We spend $1,600 a month on it too. That’s more than our mortgage/tax/insurance on our house!!

Wouldn’t trade my kids for all the money in the world, but they sure are good at eating hundred dollar bills lol

X2 but, mine cost more than that unfortunately… doah We decided Mama should stay home with them until they all go to school. Just a couple more years to go for me.

?????

Ya got my 2016 Skeeter MX 1825 for sale and going back to a tiller boat Just cannot get used to fishing from the bow. Old dog and new tricks I guess. Got a line on a Warrior 1890 with the 140 on it so I have to move fast. No bank loans for me after I sell the MX. anyone interested?

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

We are in the process of moving to Verona, WI and have been going through old financial records. In 1979 we built our house and the total for new house, furniture, etc was $73,900. WE hadn’t planned on moving and I had ordered a new Ranger 620FS cup series from the Boat Center in Eau Claire, Wi.. The Ranger boat listed for more than what we bought the house for 40 years ago The house has tripled in value I don’t know about how much boats have gone up in price since then, but I’m sure its a large jump also.

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.