Networking two units together

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would like to network my two Garmin Echomap DVs together. Is this possible by buying the networking cable or is there more to it?

mojogunter

I have my units wired together both into the network and also with an ethernet cable.

fishingchallenged

Anyone have experience networking Echomap, Hummingbird and Terrova together? Can they coexist and share transducer information? I would like to make the Hummingbird the primary so that would be the rear transducer, and put the Garmin up front and have it show depth either from the Hummingbird or the trolling motor transducer.

sjhauge
    Elgin, MN

I have 2 echomaps that are linked together with a “data cable”. The units will share waypoints, tracks, routes etc. They will not share transducers only the GPS data. The data cable that garmin sells may work for you but you don’t really have to have the garmin data cable. All you need is a 2 wire 16 gauge connection between them. I used a shielded cable that you should be able to get at any electrical supply place. Just follow the instructions in your owners manual & it will work just fine sharing the GPS data.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That’s exactly what I want. Thank you for the info.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anyone have experience networking Echomap, Hummingbird and Terrova together? Can they coexist and share transducer information? I would like to make the Hummingbird the primary so that would be the rear transducer, and put the Garmin up front and have it show depth either from the Hummingbird or the trolling motor transducer.

From what I’ve read I don’t think Echomaps are compatible with the terrova/ipilots unless the new ones have been updated to work with them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.