Netflix — Quarterback

• CaptainMusky

Anyone watching this? I am through I think 6 episodes. For those that havent heard about it, its got Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota in it and it followed them along during the 22 season. Very interesting! Kirk is even quirkier than we thought! LOL
    I do find myself hating Mahomes’s wife less after watching this however.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

We watched the first episode last night as a family – really fun and we’ve got a date with episode two for tonight.

I thought the choices of Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota were inspired as they’re all on different career arcs and I appreciated the access they had to really show both the player and the person. Cousins and his family seem like they were always destined to be in Minnesota, just so…everyman.

ThunderLund78

Really want to read this post but wont have time to watch any of it for a while. been looking forward to it, though!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hated it and Dislike Cousins even more.

A football shrink. Seriously?!

But I do agree with Manning that the Professional football QB is the most difficult position to play in all of sports.

Dan
    Southeast MN

It sounds great and I’m really looking forward to watching it, which probably won’t happen until this fall/winter when I don’t have so much outside stuff to do. Quite the variety of QB’s in both talent and personalities; I could very well see this series done again with different QB’s or other players and make a lot of money. There’s so much demand for anything NFL-related.

Although I haven’t watched I’ve heard tons of good things about how it makes Cousins look, including him referring to a Margaret Thatcher quote that applies to him “If I walked on water my critics would say it’s because I can’t swim” (or something like that). I think that’s a perfect quote for the relationship between him and his critics.

Ripjiggen

Watched episode one with kid last night. Had to have a talk about the language. jester
    It was fairly interesting.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Watched episode one with kid last night. Had to have a talk about the language. jester
    It was fairly interesting.

Tell him they are just words

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Have not had the chance to watch any yet. Looking forward to it. I like sports documentaries. Always been a big fan of Mahomes, Not so much of Cousins or Mariota. Who knows after watching it my view will change.

CaptainMusky

After watching several episodes its obvious that Cousins does everything he can to prepare. That dude puts in the time. People hate him because he is a nerd and this show exemplifies that, but facts remain that he does have skill maybe not to a Mahomes level, but the dude is all about winning even though that doesnt always happen. His wife is an absolute gem too!

Ripjiggen

Tell him they are just words

Oh he has heard them all before. Mostly from me or his uncles. Just had to have the talk that you can’t drop an “f bomb yeah baby” at 7/8 year old little league this weekend when he gets a hit.
    I can only imagine the parents looks on their faces. rotflol

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

I will have to put this on the list of shows to watch once I get some time. Funny story during Covid my daughters signed up for a YMCA sports sampler class for Toddlers. Turns out one of Cousins kids was in the same class. I went to a few of them and most the time it was his wife that brought the kids, but one time he was there. It was during Covid so you had to wear a mask and he pretty much just kept to himself. Made me laugh becuase the week he was there they were trying to teach the kids how to play football. Here you got some highschool kid running the class showing a bunch of toddlers how to throw a football while you have a NFL quarterback watching the whole debacle.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I don’t understand all the hate behind his wife? What exactly has she even done for people to hate her? And honestly, I have no clue. I do not pay attention to the everyday lives of athletes, let alone their wives.

CaptainMusky

I don’t understand all the hate behind his wife? What exactly has she even done for people to hate her? And honestly, I have no clue. I do not pay attention to the everyday lives of athletes, let alone their wives.

She is VERY active on social media and every time she posts something she comes across as annoying. This however is MUCH different. She appears very normal. His brother on the other hand is a douche no matter what. What most people have said about her is that she is with him just for the fame and money. It doesnt really seem like that when you watch this at all IMO.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I don’t even know who his wife is lol. Seen pictures but that’s about it.

Ripjiggen

They have been together as friends since junior high and started dating when he was a sophomore in high school.

CaptainMusky

They have been together as friends since junior high and started dating when he was a sophomore in high school.

Yeah, she was quite the athlete herself even. Quite the soccer player.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

She is VERY active on social media and every time she posts something she comes across as annoying. This however is MUCH different. She appears very normal. His brother on the other hand is a douche no matter what. What most people have said about her is that she is with him just for the fame and money. It doesnt really seem like that when you watch this at all IMO.

She’s very active on social media and annoying? Isn’t that virtually everyone that lives on social media? You know, negative publicity can be even better for a brand that positive. She might just be a smart business woman to keep her name in the internet news. I guess it seems to be working.

tim hurley

QB the most difficult? Yes, the starting pitcher has just as much pressure for the start of that one game but you have the bull-pen & the fact that the franchise is not resting on just YOU. If the offense is weak in an area besides QB that QB can compensate so much, plus if the supporting staff is good but the QB is not the offense struggles, makes it look like the QB is everything. Then their is the TV camera, ball is snapped to the Qb and the camera is on the QB, there he is swerving, dodging, scrambling, looks like he is undecisive-what we don’t see is his WRs, maybe they are not open, his line has broke down-all things that are not his fault but the camera is on him. I would love to see any QB work with the line Cousins has and do as well as him, yes he has a great receiver, I would much rather have a great line & good receivers.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i too do not buy the most difficult position crap. you have to be smart and have a laser/rocket arm. it is the most important position but Joe Flacco won a super bowl and so did Brad Johnson.

such a clever title tho. i will check it out in a few weeks i guess?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Then what is the most difficult position?
    and baseball? come on. maybe if the starting pitcher was getting tackled each pitch by a 275lb linebacker.

tim hurley

Ok it is the most difficult in football and at the same time its overratted. Think about that superbowl win that the Broncos had with Manning-Boring win because the whole team was competent, Manning just had to go in and do his job-if the offensive line holds up everyone looks great, your WR get open, your running game works, your coach is a genius etc.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Gary Anderson would disagree with the qb position bring the most difficult lol.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

She is VERY active on social media and every time she posts something she comes across as annoying.
    [/quote]
    Made me laugh. The captain has 13,230 posts on this forum alone, not to say that any of them might be annoying. grin

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Quarterback needs a fast processing ability, in other words they need to be able to think & react correctly very quickly. The NFL is littered with quarterbacks who had big physical talent but didn’t have a mental capacity of the average social media poster.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

She is VERY active on social media and every time she posts something she comes across as annoying.

Made me laugh. The captain has 13,230 posts on this forum alone, not to say that any of them might be annoying. grin
    [/quote]

^^^Touche^^^

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I found myself hating Mahomes wife even more. She’s a pain in the you know what. I wouldn’t be able to live with that.

CaptainMusky

^^^Touche^^^
    [/quote]I feel assaulted LOL

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Got one episode to go, and loving the docuseries. Cousins comes across just like everyone thought he would, very nerdy and fully committed to being his best. Also, didn’t realize he was as banged up as he was last year, which is even more impressive that he hung in there and kept making big throws. Also reminded me how bad we were on defense.

The QB’s had editorial control, so I was surprised that Mahomes is cursing so much, I thought it would be pretty sanitized since he’s the face of the league and about 18 different sponsorship deals. Mariota didn’t look too good leaving the team…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not going to bash on Cousins to bad as I’m slowly starting to be more and more a fan of his. But of the 3 Qb’s. Only Mahomes is a true winner. All three have rather similar career Comp. %. Mariota 66.2, Cousins 66.8, and Mahomes 66.3
    They are no where close in Total TD’s and Int. Mariota 92-54, Cousins 252-105, Mahomes 192-49. They are also nowhere close in Win -loss records. Mariota is 42-45, Cousins is 74-66 and Mahomes is 64-16. Mahomes is the Man. Cousins is a serviceable QB. and Mariota is a want a be.

By the way I’m only thru the 3rd show but really like it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.