Net Question

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Ok guys here’s a question for you.I currently do not own a net.I am looking at purchasing one soon though we never had a net as a kid so I didn’t buy one right away for those wondering.
    Anyways question is which net would be a great purchase for a 1 person outing? Also I have been thinking after I net the fish I want to leave it in the water so I can get the camera ready.So what is the best type of net for this? I already have a rod holder to hold the net.Thanks for the info in advance and good luck fishin
    😀😀🎣🎣

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Landing nets can sometimes be like fishing rods. Once you get one and like how useful they are, you may want various sizes in various handle lengths to do what you want it to do for whatever fish your fishing for. Small trout/panfish landing nets. Large Musky/pike/catfish size nets. Medium Walley/bass sized nets.

Jonesy

I use an EGO S2 slider. I really like the net and just the other night I was using it landing fish wile trolling alone. I got the 48″ handle that extends out to 108. Honestly it is longer than I need but I got a free upgrade from scheels because they ordered the wrong one. I have the 19×21 basket. What is nice about the net is that #1 it floats and #2 it’s interchangeable. You can buy different baskets, handles, and attachments and interchange them. The down side is that they are a tad expensive

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I use an EGO S2 slider. I really like the net and just the other night I was using it landing fish wile trolling alone. I got the 48″ handle that extends out to 108. Honestly it is longer than I need but I got a free upgrade from scheels because they ordered the wrong one. I have the 19×21 basket. What is nice about the net is that #1 it floats and #2 it’s interchangeable. You can buy different baskets, handles, and attachments and interchange them. The down side is that they are a tad expensive

. X-2 peace

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I like a net that is hook resistant with a expandable handle. Be sure the bag is big enough for the fish to be horizontal with no pressure on it when in the bag.

For what it’s worth, swinging a fish over the side of the boat isn’t the best thing in the world for a fish. Get a net soon, if you can’t afford one PM me and I’ll give you one of my older ones.

fireline
    Rochester

Does Beckman still make nets ?

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Negative, Beckman went out of business ….. or that would be my pick

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

If you are getting along now without a net, just go over to Walmart and buy a cheap net. Don’t over think this!

BTW, seem to me whenever I forget to put a net in the boat is when I catch the biggest fish of the year. tongue

-J.

Paul Delaney

Beckman nets were always my choice in nets and when I heard they were going out of business I purchased a couple more and am currently still using them. I too will soon be looking for new nets that can hold big walleyes and have the ability to reach way out there to get fish behind the boat and not have hooks constantly getting caught in them. I wish I could send you in a dirrection but I am sure you will find one to fit your needs.

Paul Delaney

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I disagree with the other posts… This should do!

Attachments:
    1. net.jpg

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I have a little frabil from fleet farm, pretty good about not getting hooks in it, handle collapses and extends, nothing fancy, but works well. My big nets are Beckman and a stowmaster, really like all of them for different purposes.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Ol’ Blue deserves a net worthy of herself, the cheapest at FF!!

That’s not a dig, just start out simple as JJ mentioned and let it progress from there. Before I had a boat I had my lil trout net, worked for 90% of fish. Even use it in the boat once in a while for bass or panfish still. Then upgraded to $15 net, havent upgraded that yet. Had a couple 10# northerns jump out of it, but not really worried about those slimy things devil

plumbob

Stowmaster tournament serious very nice net

Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Looking at the rubber sportsman net

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I would second the Stowmaster nets.
    It folds up/deploys in seconds so you can have it folded up and out of the way while fishing or running.
    Folded up it easily fits in the front storage compartment in my 620.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.