open water

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow. Signing in here tonite, I really thought I’d see some reports of people at least out fishing, even if there wasn’t much catching. We did more of one today than the other. I only managed one LMB, but it was a thick, healthy 17 incher. A few crappies were caught along with a few other LMB, but still pretty slow. Hopefully we get thru this week without this nasty weather they’re talking about. All it’s doing is buying more time to projects completed on the boat.

4fishing

i think this week is going to set us back about 2 more weeks.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Made it out on Sunday, but much like you pretty slow. 1 LMB and 1 Pike.

We may be ice fishing again by the middle of next week.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

The pits I fished Sunday were probably more than 95% ice free, so hopefully we won’t be ice fishing again anytime soon. But I agree, this will set us back a bit. Grrrr

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

I made it out on Saturday, but wasn’t able to catch anything. Should have got out early Sunday morning when I had the chance. Likely won’t make it out for another couple weeks. I am currently fishless for 2013 and I am itching to break that.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I was able to only get one. But now I think it’ll be a while before we go out. I’m used to getting the boat out about the first 10 days of March. We’ll be pushing that now. Said it before, now I’ll say it again: grrrrrr

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

I made it out before the rain came down on Saturday and caught a couple small ones. The warmer weather is on the way. Bring it on!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I wish a guy could hybernate though the first 2-3 weeks of March. The weather just varies too much and really makes the cabin fever BAD.
    You guys are lucky being out in Central NE. We got too much snow on Sunday and it’s killing me!!!!!

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

I was lucky enough to be pulling my boat back from the Bass Pro Shop in Council Bluffs through the blizzard. It only took 7 hours to get back to Kearney. So much for the trace of the snow the weathermen were predicting.

I at least have it back now for the nice weather the rest of the week.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Ya….I’m thinkin I might get some water time in tomorrow. What were you saying about snow, Ben??

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I might go tomorrow.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

I’ve got the itch bad too…. Thinking about heading out tomorrow after work myself…. Ben what are you thinkin…you gonna try to go hit up those cats?

Layne Monroe

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.