Need a new every day carry knife.

• Sharon
    SE Metro

All good suggestions, and it’s nice to have a variety for various purposes! My Gerbers and Kershaws are my favorites. Can never have too many knives and multi-tools! mrgreen whistling

Attachments:
    1. can-never-have-enough-scaled.jpg

Sylvanboat

This is what I carry all the time. I think I use the scissors the most.

Attachments:
    1. A3C002F8-A4A6-4927-9229-A0F9FB90AF47.jpeg

Cody Meyers

I’ve had a dolled up Mini Grip for a few years myself. I have a mini bug out and it’s ok if all you do is open Amazon boxes, but is not what I’d pick for something that sees regular use. I don’t carry mine ever. My brother got a Para 3 and that is what I’d get if I lost my bench made. I’ll bet you like that knife, it’s a tad big…but that thing is a real knife.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

I’ve carried a Kershaw 1557TI for years. Holds an edge well, feels comfortable in the hand, assisted opening works extremely well. The size for me is ideal for everyday carry and use. Can be had for around $50

Benchmade are the only way to go. I own a good number of EDC and fixed blade. My favorite in the mini reflex auto and grizzly ridge. They hold a edge very well. SOGs are good knives also but cant hold up to a Benchmade……..

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I wonder how many people know what the hook-type tool and the tool with the hole in it are actually for?

Sylvan, I bought that exact model during a visit to Switzerland in 1990 and I still have it. I was a poor student at the time and trying to avoid the tourist shop prices, so I went into a little mom/pop hardware store and they had a huge box of Swiss Army knives under the counter.

Spent a wonderful hour going through them, many of the models hadn’t been in production for years. I asked specifically about that hook tool and I could not understand what the owner was saying (he was French-speaking) so he came back with a string-tied parcel and demonstrated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exactly what I carry, kind of a jack of all trades.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

All good suggestions, and it’s nice to have a variety for various purposes! My Gerbers and Kershaws are my favorites. Can never have too many knives and multi-tools! mrgreen whistling

Dang Girl. You do really like your knives !!!!

catmando
    wis

Case Trapper is a great knife for the pocket.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Dang Girl. You do really like your knives !!!!

Yes. Yes I do. I rarely find myself without a knife and chapstick. waytogo

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Southern Grind (zac Brown’s knife company) I have a few and love them. Had my pocket knife for about 7 years.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Southern Grind (zac Brown’s knife company) I have a few and love them. Had my pocket knife for about 7 years.

What one do you have? The spider monkey looks like my ideal carry, and size is perfect. Spendy. But if it lasts and takes a beating I’m interested

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Sharon it seems your a bit of a collector.
    A knife and chapstick,won’t leave home without them.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Really like my Giant Mouse!

Don’t like the locks on benchmade

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

What one do you have? The spider monkey looks like my ideal carry, and size is perfect. Spendy. But if it lasts and takes a beating I’m interested

My work/every day knife is the spider monkey. Like all knives, never run them completely dull. I touch up the edge about every other month with a diamond plate. Good steel! Only takes a few passes and back to a razor. My daily is a letter opener, Ty-wrap cutter, box opener…..use it more than I ever thought I would. Another great feature is the small pocket clip. Easy in/out of pocket and doesn’t catch on anything. Seems petty, but I hated that big clip on other brands.

My bigger utility knife is the Jackyl. Work horse. Definitely heavier, but takes the abuse. I keep that one on my back pack. Anything I don’t want to use my spider on, is sliced or chopped with the Jackel.

For what it’s worth, if you know how tough an elks hide is, I’ve quartered elk with just these two knives to pack out

Attachments:
    1. image-2-scaled.jpg

2. image-1-scaled.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I got this exact knife as a gift in high school (25-ish years ago crazy ). I don’t carry it often, and it’ll probably get past on to my son at some point, but it’s a handy little knife.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I’ve been carrying a CRKT Pilar 3 D2 that I like a lot, but Benchmade’s mini grip is high on my list…

AnotherFisherman

Anybody added anything noteworthy to their collection they would recommend?

I just received a CJRB Pyrite that I’m excited to mix in to the carry arsenal. Was highly rated on some YouTube videos I got sucked into.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Well I bought a Kershaw Link 20CV, and so far I’m happy with it. A little big, a little heavy. But the biggest difference to me is the quality of good steel compared to years ago. I remember when 440C a was as good as you could get. This knife uses CPM 20cv steel and it’s tough, holds an edge really well, and of course a bugger to sharpen. But I can shave with this knife and the edge holds up.

SR

jwellsy

My EDC is actually 3 knifes.

The main one is a Milwaukee camo spring assist fastback with a pocket clip to wear in my front right pocket. It has a tanto shaped blade and it’s half serrated. I can draw, open and close it one handed.

The second one is a little Swiss Army pen knife. I mainly carry it for the scissors, tweezers, toothpick and small flat tip screwdriver. Well, actually that’s all it has. But, it’s really handy at times.

The third one is on my keychain. It’s a SOG folding key knife. It looks like a just another house key, unless you look closely.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Buck 110 or 112 slim… I absolutely love it. I have had several from $10 to $200+… My 110 slim is in my pocket all the time now and for 50 bucks, it holds up just as well as anything else I have carried

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I got a Leatherman Wave and a Buck 110 that I have on me everyday.

Deuces

9101sbk benchmade has proven itself to be quite useful and I’m not a knife guy whatsoever. They never fit in my skinny jeans doah

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Benchmade bugout for me

Brad Dimond

I love the Benchmade knives but have a tendency to forget to leave them in the car or at home when going to a ball game, the airport, etc. They’re too spendy to loose at random.

My current EDC is a CIVIVI Mini Praxis, D2 steel. Holds an edge well, I like drop point blades and it won’t make me cry if I loose it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My current EDC is a CIVIVI Mini Praxis, D2 steel. Holds an edge well, I like drop point blades and it won’t make me cry if I loose it.

I’ve been looking at this knife for a cheap work carry. How do you like it

AnotherFisherman

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Dimond wrote:</div>

I’ve been looking at this knife for a cheap work carry. How do you like it

I’ve also had this one in my “queue”. For the price, seems like you can’t go wrong.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Damn you guys are always costing me money. Ordered one! chased chased

Brad Dimond

The CIVIVI is good. D2 steel holds an edge and isn’t horrible to sharpen. Grips are good, fit and finish decent. Very good value product.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.