Need a new every day carry knife.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Some how after 3 years I lost my Benchmade griptillian pocket knife. And now am in the market for something new. As much as I loved that knife I’m debating on something different. I only want a straight blade not serrated. I bought a cheap crkt knife for the time being but do not like it.
    What do you carry. And I’m looking for quality not something cheap. I use my knife a 100 times a day. I been sharpening my Benchmade for a long time and it always held a beautiful edge

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I actually like my CRKT. A coworker just bought a Demko they are not always available, the guy invented a new locking system. They are $100.00 but seemed really nice.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have several of CRKT higher-end knives and really like them. I have a SOG that’s been good, too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What Columbia River knife are you guys running. I am a pocket knife kind of guy. I have quite the collection. New knives are always fun to get. I have a esee that is awesome but I don’t want to carry it to work

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was looking at a benchmade mini bug out ii. But have never seen one besides online

Coletrain27

ontario knife company is what ive carried for a couple years now. model RAT 1 they are cheap and good quality. i have a couple spiderco knifes also

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

ontario knife company is what ive carried for a couple years now. model RAT 1 they are cheap and good quality. i have a couple spiderco knifes also

I like my Ontario fixed blade. I’ll have to look in to the rat 1. I think Ontario and esee were the same company at 1 point back when I bought my izula but maybe I’m mistaken.

AnotherFisherman

Spyderco Para 3
    Kershaw Launch 4
    Bubba Blade Sculpin (This is new so not much experience, but I like it so far)

Here are a few that I like to check out..

Mine are not used as much as yours by the sounds of it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If you didn’t use it so much I would have suggested Kershaw. Or maybe anyways? They make an unbelievable number of models. I have several and alternate them daily. They are oddly inexpensive. The only expensive pocket knife I bought is a Zero Tolerance. Im sure you would be happy with one of those. You could also check out the Emerson line. He’s my cabin neighbor and gave me one I put on display. Afraid to use it like the ZT! grin
    I would never buy a benchmade after what they pulled a couple years ago.

Deuces

I have no need to overcompensate w my shanks. Downgraded this summer to more of a compact.

The company holiday party this year I was the freaking hero at the charcuterie board.
    lol

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

I like my Ontario fixed blade. I’ll have to look in to the rat 1. I think Ontario and esee were the same company at 1 point back when I bought my izula but maybe I’m mistaken.

yea their fixed blades are nice also. i have a RAT-3 fixed blade too

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just ordered a spyderco Para 3. Thanks guys. Keep the ideas coming, I like to collect

Red Eye

Buck knife that has been in my pocket since 2001. Except for when we flew to Florida. Sure feel naked without one on me. Almost went and bought a cheapie for when we were down there. It was serrated when I bought it but is pretty much a straight blade now. It’s funny i now work with kids that are younger than my knife.

Attachments:
    1. E5957A8E-6D1E-4340-BABE-7B933B5163DC-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i carry a pocket knife every day all day, but i lose a few so there the cheapo’s…and yea a got alot of knives my wife thinks i have a problem!!! jester rotflol whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I just do a Leatherman. I’ve carried one for over 20 years now. Just handier for my use.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Buck knife that has been in my pocket since 2001. Except for when we flew to Florida. Sure feel naked without one on me. Almost went and bought a cheapie for when we were down there. It was serrated when I bought it but is pretty much a straight blade now. It’s funny i now work with kids that are younger than my knife.

I have this Same knife. It had taken a beating as well. Have another one of them almost like new.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m a big fan of Benchmade knives. This one is rather $$$ but if I had the money and wanted a great EDC knife this would be high on my list

https://www.benchmade.com/3400bk.html

Not sure if the link works correctly. It is the Autocrat that I was trying to link to.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

After losing two Benchmade Adamas’s I do not deserve anything nice. I now carry a Kershaw 1670BLK. Affordable, Made in USA, and holds an edge well. Smooth blade and assisted open.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I also have carried a knife every day for years. So loosing my Benchmade hurt my heart a little.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

This year 2021 Spyderco upgraded the blade metal in this knife to CPM S45VN! Which is a step above CPM S35VN. So get this knife! With the upgraded steel it’s a real bargain at this price!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This year 2021 Spyderco upgraded the blade metal in this knife to CPM S45VN! Which is a step above CPM S35VN. So get this knife! With the upgraded steel it’s a real bargain at this price!

In what knife ?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Swiss Army electrician model for me. No need for huge lockblades, I only occasionally have to fight off aliens or skin a moose with my pocket knife.

I use the screwdrivers almost as much if not more than the blade. Can’t carry a plain old lock blade because 15 minutes after I leave the house, I’m going to be needing a screwdriver to fix something.

munchy
    NULL

Milwaukee Fastback Compact

No worries about sharpening, just replace the blade. Cheap enough where if you lose or break its not a big deal. Quick one handed opening and closing. I laugh at those people who have to stop and open their knife just to cut some tape and I’ve already got the knife back in pocket.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Ive carried Kershaw pocket knives for years. Great quality and customer service.
    I’ve have a few different models but the Leek is my favorite design.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

No worries about sharpening, just replace the blade. Cheap enough where if you lose or break its not a big deal. Quick one handed opening and closing. I laugh at those people who have to stop and open their knife just to cut some tape and I’ve already got the knife back in pocket.

^This

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I hated this knife actually. I tried it for work and I didn’t like it. I would rather sharpen a good blade then replace cheap blades any day. I use my knife alot and the benchmade would hold a edge for a long time.
    I have to have a pocket clip so the Swiss army is a giant no. As for skinning a moose I did not do that but I did gut both our bucks with my Benchmade. And have skinned many small game with it as well. I don’t carry big blades. 2.25″ is what’s preferred.I have a Leatherman in my tool kit I carry for work but get sick of stuff hanging on my belt.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.