Need a new every day carry knife.

• buddah6

I carry a bugout but love the new kershaw iridium if you can find it. solid edc for me

ekruger01

Benchmade bugout is my go to. Gets used multiple times a day, everyday. Carried Kershaws for almost 15 years and always had good luck with them as well.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The CIVIVI is good. D2 steel holds an edge and isn’t horrible to sharpen. Grips are good, fit and finish decent. Very good value product.

Received mine on Friday and will confirm it is a simple yet solid piece. For the price it just makes sense. If anyone is on the fence I would go for it. $29.00 on Amazon currently.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have a lot of pocket knives but mainly just cycle through 3 Kershaw’s.
    They make a LOT of different models and every one I have is rock solid.
    Most of my knives never get carried anymore because others are better in little ways. Why carry something inferior?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

There are some key things I look for in my daily pocketknife.
    1. The blade pivots on the same end as the clip. This just prevents me from stabbing myself and makes the pull out of my pocket and flip open one smooth motion. I like to carry my knife in my 5th pocket (front right)
    2. Tanto blade with serrated edge. I switched to this blade style because I find myself opening so many boxes. With the tanto blade I can place my thumb on the blade by the angular section and score the box quickly without cutting very deep into the box. I also like having the flat front edge for cutting fishing line and the serrated section for braid.
    3. Small and folding. For work I have to wear khakis sometimes.
    4. Cheap. I miss place my knife a couple of time a year. Most of the time it is in my truck and got pulled off by the seat belt.

Currently I am carrying a CRKT M16-10KS. It doesn’t hold the best edge but checks all the other boxes. Might have to check out some of the other ones listed.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

SOG twitch II. I got tired of serrated blades, this is small enough to not be obnoxious, but big enough to clean a deer if needed!!!

Lynn Seiler

I have carried an Uncle Henry 897UH for more than 40 years. I have tried others but keep going back to my Uncle Henry. Don’t buy a new one because they are now made in china.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I used to run a leatherman MUT because I really like the driver and pliers, and use them often. However, it’s heavy, and the beefy clip really tears up the pockets on jeans. AFter 6 years I switched to a Leatherman Free K4, much lighter, really love the scissors, and I love the blade profile.

I like having a multi-tool though, and not just a knife. I do keep a couple buck brand knives around the truck and in my laptop bag/ diaper bag, etc. I only buy the US-made Bucks, they have some imported junk now in their library.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Dimond wrote:</div>
    The CIVIVI is good. D2 steel holds an edge and isn’t horrible to sharpen. Grips are good, fit and finish decent. Very good value product.

Received mine on Friday and will confirm it is a simple yet solid piece. For the price it just makes sense. If anyone is on the fence I would go for it. $29.00 on Amazon currently.

Mine showed up yesterday and I like everything besides the assisted flip. I could do with out that. Otherwise I like the blade.
    Serrated blades are over rated and tough to keep sharp. Straight blades do everything a serrated will.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.