My new WX2200 almost done with rigging

• Musky Ed

Finally finalized a few small details on my new WX2200 and I can hardly wait for spring fishing. I have owned many, many, boats in my time, and this is the first time that I have been this excited about a new boat purchase. I really liked my last boat, purchased at SBC, but my main focus of fishing has changed to mostly all Lake Michigan fishing now. While I pretty much knew how I wanted the boat to end up, the great folks at The Boat Center really helped to advise and make sure my finished boat met my expectations, as I had a lot of additions to suit my fishing needs. No pictures yet as there is still is some finishing up to do, but this is what I ended up with.
    – 6′ Trax instead of 5′
    – Trollmaster speed control for kicker
    – 12″ SI image, cisco mount on dash, and 10″ on bow
    – Two seat bases added to rear deck where the factory backrest holes were
    – 72″ shaft trolling mtr
    – 12″ grab rails on top by steering wheel and passenger side
    – Fish Hawk X4D plus
    – 9″x12″ trim tabs with indicator gauge
    – 10″ Atlas hyd jack plate w/gauge
    – New Horizon GX1700 VHF, fit in dash, with 8′ quick detach antenna and mount, nice to be able to take off if you want
    – 2 speed 3200lb winch, I fish alone at times and easier to get on trailer
    – Also bimini top. Just finalized the fit of that today, they really helped me with that one

The boat as it comes, is a fantastic boat, but they really went above and beyond, to help create the finished boat that I hoped for. I am so happy with the way this is turning out.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nothing like a happy customer!!! SBC does a fantastic job and deserves every repeat customer they get. Be sure to post up lots of photos when you get the boat done.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Sweeeeeet!! Where are the pics?
    *I ran trax down the whole boat. Looks different, but amazing to fish off of when trolling.

Pauleye
    Onamia

Sounds like a really great set up. Can’t wait to see some pics! I would be intrested in how it handles big water.

Chad Leton

Congrats on the new rig and thanks for sharing your setup for big water! Excited to hear your review after putting her to use!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Just saw your boat yesterday Ed! Happy New Year !

gregl2017

Oh man, that is gonna be a sweet rig!!! Where are the pics )

Musky Ed

May be awhile for the pics, as it was still in the process of rigging when I went to finalize the bimini top fit on Thursday. As I was having a lot of stuff installed, it wasn’t the time for pictures. With all the changes, and mounting of options that I was having done, it’s really a much bigger job than most people realize. The bimini top was my last problem to work out, and with that solved now, I just need to get my wife out and catch some fish in it, as she is a little miffed at me, that she didn’t get her color option pick. She loves to fish, so I am hoping that after her first fish all is forgotten.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Oh man Ed what we’re you thinking? Always let the better half pick the color when she is agreeing to let you drop 80k on a boat. You don’t want her flame .

Musky Ed

A few pics. Not great lighting.

Attachments:
    1. redu2924.jpg

2. redu4440.jpg

3. redu4619.jpg

4. redu5345.jpg

5. redu1032.jpg

6. redu1048.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Congrats, be a long wait for open water!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

That looks sweet. Congrats! waytogo waytogo

Musky Ed

Fortunately I have some winter hobbies to keep me busy.

Pauleye
    Onamia

Fortunately I have some winter hobbies to keep me busy.

Sitting in the boat waiting for spring! LOL

grizzly
    nebraska

May be awhile for the pics, as it was still in the process of rigging when I went to finalize the bimini top fit on Thursday. As I was having a lot of stuff installed, it wasn’t the time for pictures. With all the changes, and mounting of options that I was having done, it’s really a much bigger job than most people realize. The bimini top was my last problem to work out, and with that solved now, I just need to get my wife out and catch some fish in it, as she is a little miffed at me, that she didn’t get her color option pick. She loves to fish, so I am hoping that after her first fish all is forgotten.

great boat Ed, I just got a 2018 2190 from Dean last fall and got a bimini top and now worrying about rods rubbing on the inside of the boat when its laying down, dean said to put some 3-M tape on the sides to prevent this, have you looked at this yet or have any thoughts on this please share. going to look at mine today in the shop

Musky Ed

As I only want the top for Lake Michigan, and Lake of the woods trolling, I wont always be taking it out with me. I didn’t like the idea of it staying connected and laying down on the deck when not in use, as it would severely be in the way, and more than likely end up tripping over it when trying to land fish in lake Michigan. I realize that’s the way you see them rigged from the factory on pleasure boats, but wouldn’t work for my needs. After watching some you tubes of No Fish Nick, who trolls on Lake Michigan a lot, I noticed that his top was up and down a lot, and what he did when not using, was to just disconnect when not using, and just lay sideways on the floor. That meant another trip back to SBC to see if it would fit that way. I will have my wife make a bag to cover the pole ends, and protect the boat finish when laying on the floor. Also, as both my son and I are both tall, I needed to get the Solera top that we used, up a couple of inches. We gained about two inches in the rear by making a 1″ spacer for the rear mount, and putting it on a half of a plate that goes on top, in my trax, instead of inside the side, like the Solera does. The front pole has about 3″ of usable adjustment to level bit, by just drilling a new hole for the button to snap into. Not sure if your floor interior is as wide as mine. Dean’s idea is right for protection, or you could just go to an auto supply and get some stick on door molding about 3/8″ wide. They sell it in rolls. I may do this for the back edge of the interior if needed.

Bob Olson

Sweet looking boat, Ed! I was in the same dilemma with the Bimini top. Talked it through with the crew at Canvas Craft, and they made it so it would collapse when not needed. Slips into the center rod locker.. We fish LOW and Lake Mich as well. Absolutely love that fishing top.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Looks incredible, I love the color combo.

grizzly
    nebraska

are you going to put different seat bases in or leave the factory ones

Musky Ed

Thank you everyone for the comments. As to optional seat bases, while I’m sure they would help, at this time I would have to say no. I lived through some pretty big waves with my MX2040, and I would hope this boat should be somewhat better. Also for me, at this time, it comes down to a cost, benefit thing. I probably would spend the money on some electric downriggers before smoother seating. Time will tell.

grizzly
    nebraska

good luck with the new boat and lets hope winter goes away soon. cant wait to get mine on the water also and let us know how everything works out

Musky Ed

Finally got around to mounting the top. Weather was nice today, so I finally could pull the boat out to work on it. All went quite easy, didn’t have to buy new rear pole end caps like I thought I would have to. Just drilled out the rivet, and rotated it 90 deg,and re riveted them. High enough to clear a 6’4″ person easily. Drilled new button holes on the front rods, to raise the front up 1 1/2″. 6’2″ or under, no riser block, or re drilling of front tube needed. Have pictures of the mounts, if needed.

Attachments:
    1. 124239-R.jpg

2. 124702-r.jpg

gregl2017

Man, that is one awesome boat man!!! Great color schema to! Congrats!

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Thats the best color combo I have seen I think from Skeeter. I would order the same.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice setup Ed. You have a nice property maintained there from what I can see in the photos too.

Musky Ed

Yes, I’m pretty fortunate here, 40 acres, mostly woods, some cropland, lot of wildlife, very quiet, and best of all, a wife that is supportive of everything I like to do.

brentbullets

Very nice!

I purposely have stayed away from looking at the WX2200 in person so that I don’t scratch that itch. My wife makes a good point that our 2190 suits us just fine. Damn Woman, she’s right though.

sktrwx2200

I couldn’t resits scratching the itch.. I just picked up my new 2200 from SBC. Pretty sweet boat.

Ed.. what are the dimensions of that Bimini? I just ordered mine online.. what is your width?…

Musky Ed

Not sure right now what the dimensions are. Did measure it once, but top is folded up now. It’s the Solera 189 top, and also is the same top as on the Rangers, at SBC, just the front support rod is different. Call SBC, and I’m sure they would measure one for you. It also is very easy to mount on the top rail,you just need to rotate the back rod ball end, and would be tall enough for everyone up to at least 6’2″, although I modified my mounting to clear someone up to 6’4″.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.