My new WX2200 almost done with rigging

• Brad Kurtzweil

Love the bimini…could you show a pic of how it is attached. Thanks!

Musky Ed

Here you go. While my rear mount is on a pad in the track with a short spacer for extra height, and with the front rod, I redrilled the button hole in the rod about 1 1/2″ for some extra height, none of that is really needed if you are 6’2″ or under in height. Also no need to mount the rear mount in a track, if there is no track there. The only thing you have to do is drill out the rivet on the rear rod ball end, and rotate 90 deg, and re rivet. It’s a very simple mounting process.

Attachments:
    1. fm123916r.jpg

2. rm124308r.jpg

Brad Kurtzweil

Thanks Ed – looks straight forward. Love the idea.

Ryan

Ed-halfway through the season! Care to share any loves and hates? Top end speed? How does she handle in 2-3 footers? Any modifications?

Musky Ed

Have only been out about four times, all Lake Michigan, and probably only about an hour on the main engine, so have no idea of top end speed. Keep in mind,I went with a 19″ prop,instead of the factory 20″. More suits my needs and gives a great low end performance. Hope to try my Bravo prop this fall when doing walleye fishing, but for now the Yamaha 19″ 3 blade seems to be working fine. Love the addition of the bimini top, and probably didn’t need to add a 1″ riser block, and may take that spacer out in the future. There is a lot of room in the back of the 2200, even with the top up, it is so nice to be able to get out of the sun, and because the back area is so large, you can take it off and lay it sideways on the floor, when not using it or trairlering it. The front deck, and storage is massive. The windshield is nice and tall, and although I only have one 12″ locator, I think I could fit two 12″ ones if I wanted. Really like the addition of the USB charge ports. Trim tabs are a must for Lake Michigan and such. I did have them add an additional jackplate switch in the back, so that I can raise and lower the jackplate without having to undo the cover, really handy. One negative so far, the wireless Trollmaster. Had the dial one before, and worked fine, switched to wireless on this one, and started having problems right away. Speed would go down to idle after about 10 seconds, so I shut it off and just used the factory handle. Two hours later kicker motor went to full throttle on its own, and i couldn’t pull the handle back. Keep in mind that the remote had been off for over two hours. Called the Boat Center, and they had Trollmaster send out a whole new system, and had me up and running in just a few days. To be honest, haven’t used the boat much this year, and there is alot of stuff i haven’t really used yet, front troll mtr, front locator, livewells, but hope to know more soon. Here is a couple of pic’s from yesterday though. 24# 8oz, and our dog likes the taste.

Attachments:
    1. 7-8b.jpg

2. 7-8a.jpg

Sturgeon Johnson

Nice fish!!!!! I am kicking the idea of purchasing a 2200. I would line to pick your brain if you don’t mind. I would like to purchase a used boat but there are ZERO out there. I’m chalking that up to a good thing.

gregl2017

I think this is one of the nicest colors I have ever seen on a walleye boat! Awesome boat and rigging job! I would give my right leg to be able to own one of these!

Hope you enjoy it for years to come! Thanks for sharing!

Musky Ed

Thanks for the comments, Greg. Finishing up second year now with this boat, and over all its been great. A few minor issues, first the trollmaster, I am on my 3rd unit, and this one started going bad less than a week after I had it replaced. Still works but very inconsistent. I am having it taken out and having a Itrol installed. The wireless trollmaster is a piece of junk. Also had some issues with one of the bilge pumps. Boat center put in two new ones. The only downside of this boat I have found, is with the trailer being longer, some boat launch parking can be tight. Fortunatly where I mainly fish, that is not a problem. This boat is a big water trolling machine. I have never felt unsafe in it, and I have been in some nasty weather and waves. The Bimini top is fantastic, and there is enough room to use 2 10′ wire dipsy setups, and easily land fish. Performance with the Yamaha 19″ 3 blade was 5750 rpm @ just under 57 mph. With a 20.5″ Bravo LT, 5800 rpm @ 58 mph. Bravo has slightly better acceleration, and about a 3 mph lower planing speed. Bravo also runs slightly more level. Have tried other props, a 19″ mercury-not good, 20″ Bravo lt- similar to my 20.5″, and a 19″ rev 4. Staying with my 20.5″ lt, and may have the barrel cut back a quarter inch or so for a little more lift. Also replaced the 27 series starting battery with a 31 series Odyssey.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.