Music Preferences

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I like the older rock I guess with some of the older Motown, Led Zeppelin, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Ten Years After, Crosby Stills Nash Young, Jimmy Hendricks, Doors, Steely Dan, INXS, Billy Idol, Janis Joplin and a long list of others.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any one jam to some buckethead

I’ve seen buckethead a few times with Les Claypool. I really liked when he played with GnR and they had to put a wall up between Axl and him to finish the tour.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Pretty much anything but modern pop country…..

About what I expected to see around here jester One of my favorite hobbies is finding new country songs long before they hit the radio, especially if its produced by a no namer.

If youre looking to kill some time I’d HIGHLY recommend checking out Logan Mize and Riley Green, otherwise Ryan Robinette, HARDY, Adairs Run, and Muscadine Bloodline are pretty good too. I can list a few specific songs if anyone shows any interest!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Country & Western or Classic Rock generally. I’m on a Newer Artist, old sound kick lately. Sturgill Simpson, Cody Jinks, Tyler Childers, Jamey Johnson and Chris Stapleton. But never pass up some Zeppelin, Doors or Floyd either.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nobady says whiskey Myers with all this under the radar country, whiskey myers is a good one

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve seen buckethead a few times with Les Claypool. I really liked when he played with GnR and they had to put a wall up between Axl and him to finish the tour.

Yeah it was weird seeing buckethead with Axel. Seems like such opposite ends of the world. You have to wonder why that ended. Lol

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I would say the Rock/Punk/New Wave branches of music from the late 70s to early 90s are my bread and butter but I enjoy a variety of music. Classical, Jazz/Funk, Hard/Prog/Psychedelic Rock and Roots/Traditional are have there place. I can go from Mozart to Miles Davis to Irish Folk to KMFDM to Pink Floyd to the Clash to James Brown to Iron Maiden and round things out with a Willy Nelson or Bee Gees song. Pop country however is not on the list.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I listen to a large variety. Easier to say No Elevator music , no to most rap, and absolutely no “dance” music. Can’t stand this dance/pop crap that came out of the late 80’s and still contaminating the air

If this isn’t true I don’t know what is! applause

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Friday I had old Western blaring on the boat radio… Kept people away! Lol

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Another head banger here. Throws a lot of people off as I look like your stereotypical Midwest farm boy but I cannot stand modern country, though I grew up listening to my dad’s music which was Johnny cash, Hank William (Sr), Jim Reeves, Johny Horton and the like so I don’t mind that stuff either.

For any other metal heads I suggest doing a you tube search for frog leap studios, you won’t regret it.

tornadochaser

I listen to a lot of red dirt & new “old sound” country as somebody above described it.

Koe Wetzel
    Chris Knight
    Cody Jinks
    Casey Donahew
    Whiskey Myers
    JB & the Moonshine Band
    Sturgill Simpson
    Shooter Jennings
    Cody Johnson (you’re gunna hear this guy on mainstream country radio a ton in 2019)
    Whitey Morgan & the 78’s
    Kyle Park
    William Clark Green
    Flatland Cavalry

Besides the red dirt stuff, I listen to a really broad variety of music. Could be anything from Avenged Sevenfold, RATM, Zep, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, to Joe Bonamassa, Joe Satriani, Gary Clark Jr., or maybe I’ll mix it up with some EDM/Dub, rap, trap, power pop, I can get into anything except the manufactured slicked up garbage that consumes most of the top 40 type airwaves. Basically I appreciate musicians and songwriters, and the work they put in, regardless of genre.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Do any of you guys go to live shows. The wife and I go to a bunch of concerts all over the place. I drag her to mine and she drags me to hers.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Do any of you guys go to live shows

I feel like we used to go to a lot, but then we had a kid and everything’s been a blur since so not sure… chased rotflol

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

For those that like country/bluegrass The Steeldrivers are in town this weekend at the Fitzgerald. This is Chris Stapleton’s old band.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

The stuff I usually listen to on Sirius XM are, in no particular order, Xl Liquid Metal, Ozzy’s Boneyard, XM turbo, and Octane. Sometimes rock hall when they’re playing some skynyrd. For my bluegrass needs I have several CD’s, including the tracks from “O Brother, Where art Thou”.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Blues.

X10
    Howlin’ Wolf, BB King. Clapton,Stevie Ray,Jimi Hendricks,Commander Cody,John Mayal,Areatha…..way too many to list…..

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

red dirt

How dare you mention Red Dirt and not include Aaron Watson or Shotgun Rider!

404 ERROR
    MN

Nobady says whiskey Myers with all this under the radar country, whiskey myers is a good one

They’re really good.

Another one that’s new and relatively unknown is Alex Williams. He opened for Aaron Lewis once and I’ve been hooked since.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Anyone here into Greta Van Fleet? Sound like Zeppelin, definitely worth checking out!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Anyone here into Greta Van Fleet? Sound like Zeppelin, definitely worth checking out!

I’ve tried listening to them but it bothers me to much that they claim they dont have a zeppelin sound and they zeppelin never had any influence on them. (Yeah right). They are good but that part bothered me on a interview

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Blues guy here too, 80’s rock and some metal. Wife and I hit a dozen or more shows per year. Love jazz/blues festivals, especially when there’s a mix of new up and comers and some national headliners. My wife likes the new country, drags me out to a few of those shows. I will honestly say that I had a good time at Eric Church

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Wife and kids are going to KISS in seven days, I’m going trout fishing peace

blackbay

…Volbeat…

I thought I was the only one around here that liked Danish death metal/thrash/country/punk music.

On a side note, anyone like Rednecker by Hardy? I think it has supplanted Neon Church as my most recent favorite.

deertracker

Do any of you guys go to live shows. The wife and I go to a bunch of concerts all over the place. I drag her to mine and she drags me to hers.

I love going to shows. I almost drove to Chicago to see Candlebox but couldn’t find anyone to go. I just went to BMTH at the Armory a few weeks ago.
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I love going to shows. I almost drove to Chicago to see Candlebox but couldn’t find anyone to go. I just went to BMTH at the Armory a few weeks ago.
    DT

Give me a jingle some time. I’ll go with to shows. Atreyu is supposed to be putting out a new album this year. They are awesome live

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

Radio is usually set on Sirrius’ Hair Nation or Ozzys Boneyard,especially like Tesla,Dokken,and Queensryche,but listen to all genres,like both old and new country,blues,metal and alternative,not big on rap or hiphop.
    I’m kinda surprised Nobody mentioned Canadian Rock,bands like April wine,Chillawack,Streetheart,Toronto,Prism,Harlequin and the Headpins,some really good stuff come out of Canada in the 80’s &90’s,not to mention earlier stuff by the Guess Who.
    Also some of the regional bands of that time like Zwarte,(Lucy) still gets a boost in volume when I hear it come on!!

deertracker

Give me a jingle some time. I’ll go with to shows. Atreyu is supposed to be putting out a new album this year. They are awesome live

For sure. I found out that Jack cokes are $10 at the Armory. Between me and my date we spent over $200 on cocktails at the BMTH show… doah We even pregamed before the concert. Its always fun going through receipts the next morning. At least we hit the castle after. Lol
    DT

tornadochaser

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tornadochaser wrote:</div>
    red dirt

How dare you mention Red Dirt and not include Aaron Watson or Shotgun Rider!

LOL I knew somebody would pipe in claiming “you’re not a red dirt fan if you don’t listen to (artist)”.

This morning’s playlist is Margo Price, Drake White, Jason Isbell, Zane Williams, & Kevin Fowler.

Last night’s workout music was MGK, Volbeat, Shinedown, Machinehead, A day to Remember, & The Amity Affliction.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.