Most Beautiful WI Lake or River?

• Nice Fella

#1 – Chippewa Flowage
    #2 – in the urban category, it’s pretty cool sitting out on Lake Mendota after dark and viewing the Madison skyline with the Capital all lit up. Sometimes you can hear the music from the University Memorial Terrace. Also cool to see the jets coming into Truax Field. Mendota’s twin sister lake, Monona, also has cool views after dark of the other side of the isthmus.
    #3 – Lower Wisconsin State Riverway

Attachments:
    1. Area-2.jpg

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I need to add those flow ages on my “get to” list. I keep hearing how unique, and in areas, remote they feel.

On the Urban thing… I would have to agree with Madison… seeing the capitol dome lit up against a sunset is nice. I’ve been outside the harbor in Milwaukee as the sun rises slowly behind on the horizon, casting a soft light on the city… pretty nice as well.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Charlie “Turk” Gierke wrote:
    The St. Croix River.

whats your favorite section for scenery?

Beer Can Island on a hot summer day yay peace toast

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Inside the Hudson Marina on a 90 degree day

I assume this has nothing to do with trees, bluffs and that sort of nature. Man I am getting old… I need to totally redo my line of thought on this discussion.

I need to totally redo my line of thought on this discussion.

Yeah, kinda hard to decide between big island and namakan when you consider all the possibilities in MN. tongue

Oops, wrong state. I don’t know any good spots like big island on Tonka in Wi, sorry. )

dogs
    Hugo

Hard to beat the st. Croix by Danbury when the maples have dropped their red leaves and the backwaters look like they are on fire and your jump shooting ducks.

catmando
    wis

the leadges on the brule.

bigpike

Tough to decide, some of mine: Mississippi River out of Buffalo, Turtle Flambeau, Star Lake, Pine Lake…I can’t decide, I have more

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Channel into Lake XYZ. no cabins, no houses, no near by roads, no resorts, no public boat launches, no public access. Most relaxing place in WI. Second best place to an isolated mountain Lake only accessible by foot

Attachments:
    1. 20131006_073955.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.