Report: fishing in the rain!

• med
    Austin, MN

I went out for a while this moring after work, in the rain. The fish where absolutly bonkers. I caught and released 44 fish in 1 1/2 hrs. 7:00 to 8:30 on a stream in the forestville state park area. The fish ranged from 9″ to 13″
    I lost a big one maybe 17″or 18″. I used an 1/8 ounce spinner with a gold blade and yellow tail. I go fishing every thursday moring and at least 1 day a weekend now until the end of the season. I will keep you posted on how I do though out the year.

MED = 95 total
    16″ biggest
    all browns except 1 rainbow

JimW
    SE MN

med,
    SOunds like you got on them at the right time! Thanks for the repo.
    If you have time, swing down to Trout Day on the 26th of APril. ALways good to meet new people and
    put a face to the name etc.

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

This is great news, last year Forestville was a little slow.
    Good to hear from you med, keep in touch.
    Hey Jim! does this snow remind you of anything! it must be about time for that show, huh!
    John

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Congrats on the good day Med, fishing in the rain at least eliminates the crowds. I went out today but only caught three browns. The streams are pretty low for this time of year and still clear despite yesterdays rain. Maybe I needed rain today instead of those snowflakes. Hey troutchaser, can you identify the spinner in this trout’s mouth?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.