MN new flag. Y or N?

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

No need to apologize BC, Like everyone else you have the right to your opinions. waytogo

walleye216

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleye216 wrote:</div>
    I never knew there were so many woke people on IDO.

The same guys that approve of all these sissy boys playing girl dress up and allow men in women’s sports. And try to tell children they can choose there own sexual identity at a young impressionable age. It’s easy to see there opinion gives 0 value. Sad day when someone isn’t proud of where they came from and what color they are. Or to tell 7 or old Timmy he can be Tammy if he wants. Same people who when you go to the store they have to wear they them name tags like any one gives a crap if they are queers or not.

I think there was a misunderstanding of who these “woke” people are. There are a lot of emotional, opinion based statements, especially on topics of race and gender being brought up here. It all seems to fit the definitions of woke that IDO members came up with previously. I am surprised no one had an issue with the suggestion of flag burning earlier in this dissertation.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think there was a misunderstanding of who these “woke” people are. There are a lot of emotional, opinion based statements, especially on topics of race and gender being brought up here. It all seems to fit the definitions of woke that IDO members came up with previously. I am surprised no one had an issue with the suggestion of flag burning earlier in this dissertation.
    [/quote]

I don’t use terms like snowflakes or woke due to the fact that I’m a adult. There was no misunderstanding. Just said what was on my mind. I didn’t read any flag burning remarks. But I don’t read half of the bs people write.

CaptainMusky

I dont remember reading the flag burning thing either.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m shocked and dismayed at this who flag situation.

What shocks me is the amount of time people have on their hands to go on long rants about this deal. Including creating pictures, memes, gifs, it goes on and on.

Facebook is just lit up today with “Not my flag” posts. Somewhat ironically many of them feature the wrong flag design. You think with this much time as they were spending ranting and raving about this…

There’s a labor shortage out there. I wonder why.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I am surprised no one had an issue with the suggestion of flag burning earlier in this dissertation.

Someone said they’d order a new one just to burn it on their front lawn, with an emoji which typically implies sarcasm. Walleye216 has 81 posts of primarily trolling/political in nature, and has added nothing of value. So take that for his opinion for what it is worth, which is exactly nothing.

blank

I’m shocked and dismayed at this who flag situation.

What shocks me is the amount of time people have on their hands to go on long rants about this deal. Including creating pictures, memes, gifs, it goes on and on.

Facebook is just lit up today with “Not my flag” posts. Somewhat ironically many of them feature the wrong flag design. You think with this much time as they were spending ranting and raving about this…

There’s a labor shortage out there. I wonder why.

I agree. It’s quite baffling really.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Walleye216 has 81 posts of primarily trolling/political in nature, and has added nothing of value. So take that for his opinion for what it is worth, which is exactly nothing.

Eh. I wouldn’t necessarily devalue his input for that reason alone. I think most of us belong in the same category, we’ve just been here a lot longer. There’s a reason the political posts are the ones that go 6,7,8… pages long while fishing and hunting posts go mostly ignored. It’s also the reason you’ve seen so many people leave this forum who were hard-core sportsman who didn’t care to participate in the bickering

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I mean if you look at all the other state flags 5 or 6 of them are just as plain as ours.

Attachments:
    1. flag.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just more Minnesota Government BS. This state is becoming nothing more than a Mini California. Once I retire, I think I’m going to have to move out of this state, Just cant stand the political climate here anymore.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t use terms like snowflakes or woke due to the fact that I’m a adult.

Nailed it. We’ve gotten to the point over the last few years that when some people disagree with someone else they immediately jump to name-calling and put-downs/insults like woke, snowflake, etc. like they’re a child. Nothing substantive, no intelligent disagreement, just something akin to “you’re stupid.” It says a lot about those people.

It also says a lot about where we’re at with divisiveness and the all-or-nothing mentality a lot of people on both sides have. There are plenty of people on here who are moderate or conservative, but if you say something like “I don’t like Donald Trump” or “I believe COVID did kill some people” you’re labeled by the same people on here as “woke” or a “snowflake.” No room for middle ground or actual thinking.

blank

Nailed it Dan

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

At this point there is no middle ground. People should say nothing and watch our way of life drastically change to suit the ideas of a few?

Brittman

My wife and I live a more modest lifestyle now because we pump every single dollar we can into 401s and HSAs. The Feds may eventually get some of that money, but not so sure MN will ever see it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Eh. I wouldn’t necessarily devalue his input for that reason alone. I think most of us belong in the same category, we’ve just been here a lot longer.

81 posts over 10 years for him, most trolling/political and a few about hating Sufix 832, I think it applies.

FWIW I generally agree with Dan, although I do use woke/snowflakes as they are apt adjectives imo, we have become so bipartisan that if you don’t agree with everything all the time, you must be an enemy. This even applies at high levels within the bipartisan parties, Dean Phillips says Biden is not fit for office, and he’s ostracized from the party funding/machine at the state and National level, same as anyone, like Desantis, who has legitimate criticisms of Trump, banishment and attacks forever until they again bend the knee. When in reality most people have nuanced views on a variety of issues, and no one should be married to their ideas, they should be ever evolving.

Riverrat

I use woke/snowflake quite a bit. Like for instance “the snowflakes can manage to post 6 pages about a flag and their feelings on it, but don’t pay attention when they have the chance to actually provide input on it”.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

At this point there is no middle ground. People should say nothing and watch our way of life drastically change to suit the ideas of a few?

Far to many people simply believe if they don’t notice something or don’t say anything on various issues, they will just go away. By the time these people realize it is not going away and decide to speak up, it will be to late to make a difference. That’s been a problem in this country for some time now. Personally I feel like there are lots of things happening around us that are not just bad for myself but the country as a whole. Sadly I feel like its a lessor minority of people who are making the most noise and are the ones being heard. Don’t be afraid, If there is something happening around you that you don’t agree with speak up. Its the voice of the people that once made this such a great country, and its that same voice that will be needed to return it to that once great country.

CaptainMusky

My biggest concern or concerns in this country right now are the Southern Border where every single day it seems we have a record incursion of people we know nothing about and inflation. I dont like the new flag design, but that isnt something I am going to lose sleep over. The fact that all these illegals just flood in here at the 10’s of thousands and they could very well be extremely dangerous and no one seems to even care in the whitehouse. I wonder why that is?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Borders, energy production, personal transportation, foreign policy, etc etc etc. It would seem we are doing the opposite of what THE PEOPLE want.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have a feeling more “feel good” legislation is being rammed through, that outstate will not hear about, with our legislative body being all D. Wonder how that happened… votes is not the answer I am looking for. Also, when and where do they ask for “input” ? At the downtown baristas at 3pm on Thursdays or at the gay bath houses on the weekends ? First I heard about a flag change is when there was 6 finalists. coffee

So if i am too late or using the wrong platform to voice my disdain for it.. TFB

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.