MN new flag. Y or N?

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

Did a 5 year old come up with this?

worse …politicians!!!! chased chased

i dont remember voting or having the chance to just cause a bunch of Karens are butt hurt!!!!!! doah

i fly stars and stripes when appropriate, never gave it a second thought to fly the state flag until this loony crap came about. i went and bought a 3 X 5 state flag of the current one to basiclly tell them to stick there new flag where the sun dont shine!!! flame

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I’ll be flying the old one also!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

F’em.

maddogg

Let me get this straight the old flag was raciest because it had an Native American riding by on it? Some of us are taking this s&%# to far.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Did a 5 year old come up with this?

Lol
    At least they claim it was all done for not a lot of money… I guess it shows. Nothing show offs the “bold” north like a pastel color flag with a star. I guess the new flag must be very inclusive…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What do the colors and star stand for on the new flag ? Is there a reason they went with that design?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

What do the colors and star stand for on the new flag ? Is there a reason they went with that design?

the star is the NORTH STAR, the blue is all the minnesota water, green represents the woods, think the white is the sky?

pretty gay iffin ya ask me, just because some natives are butt hurt. i dont get it, its our history, not saying its right but why change it!!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I guess I missed why the flag needs to be changed. I seem to never watch the news so I miss these things. But sounds like they had a opportunity to create a new mn sign and they went real basic on this one.

Jimmy Jones

I wonder how much this cost us? The old one was just fine. I don’t fly a state flag anyway.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I guess I missed why the flag needs to be changed. I seem to never watch the news so I miss these things. But sounds like they had a opportunity to create a new mn sign and they went real basic on this one.

because it was offensive to native americans!~~~~ coffee coffee doah

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I wonder how much this cost us? The old one was just fine. I don’t fly a state flag anyway.

i never gave it a thought either till this goofy crap came out. doah

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Although here’s a design I could get behind devil rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 20231216_090348.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

bout sums it up. waytogo

gregory
    Red wing,mn

20k is what I remember hearing.

Reef W

i dont get it, its our history, not saying its right but why change it!!!!

The seal has been changed multiple times. Hope you didn’t buy the new (for like 40 years) woke version with the Indian facing a different way.. because history or whatever jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Guess I’m not really sure why the old state flag needed to be changed either. This one is really plain looking. Not like I fly the state flag or really see it displayed anywhere though either.

Seems like one with a loon on it would have been just fine being that its the state bird.

toddrun

Can’t meet the deadline on the Federal tax of rebate checks, but can come up with a grade school design of a state flag, ugh!!!!

Pauleye
    Onamia

I’ll never fly that thing.
    Ordered 5 old ones off Amazon!

Coletrain27

pretty sad this is what our state has to worry about. and yes the new ones look like a pre schooler made them

Jason

I would be surprised if it’s not well over a million $ change before it’s all done.

OG Net_Man

I am color blind – looked like a Palestine flag for a moment.

Tom schmitt

Let’s face it the NA didn’t like the old flag, they paid the Dems to do what they want, so they get a new flag.
    The Dems also, more than likely, own a flag manufacturing factory that will get close to a couple millions orders for new flags.
    Can you say ca’ching.
    Lot of money going into someone’s pocket.

AK Guy

Guess I’m not really sure why the old state flag needed to be changed either. This one is really plain looking. Not like I fly the state flag or really see it displayed anywhere though either.

Seems like one with a loon on it would have been just fine being that its the state bird.

I listened to one of the people on the committee explain why they rejected the entries that had a loon on it. It’s because loons are not found throughout the whole state. WTF??? A loon is the state bird but it can’t be represented on the flag? Oh well, at least the loon made it on the new state seal.

Deuces

I’ll keep my woke streak alive here lmao

I dig it, actually I think it kicks ars. The old one was too busy and old school. New one is simple, precise, and colors I think represent the state very nicely. Take pride in our northern state’s water snow and nature.

States are allowed to rebrand themselves, necessary to keep up with the modern times. We all like to keep our tax rates down better do what we can with keeping our big companies HQd here. Who knows might help keep some athletes here, they see our current flag and think false advertising lol

And this has nothing to do with natives being butthurt. Only butthurt I see is a bunch of dudes on a flag that they’d probably gave 2 craps about until they were told it was about some Indians changing it. White folks have done plenty and will continue to do many things in the name of social justice where in it has very lil to do w it, it just gives it a current reason to do so.

Order mine up once it’s available toast

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just saw this version. Just be thankful they didn’t choose this one.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0837.jpeg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I don’t even live there but that flag sucks.The Hamm’s Bear one would look better.

Atavar

Personally I would have liked to see Paul and Babe on the flag. What they have now is just a copy of any of dozens of other flags with the colors changed. Someone was lazy. Designed by an intern with a paint app.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.