MN HS Hockey Tourney Time

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

FWIW the golden years of HS hockey was when there was one bracket, and teams like International Falls, Roseau, Greenway, Grand Rapids, Warroad and even Rochester teams would come to the Cities and show the cake eaters what hockey was all about.

Those days are OVER. The power now lies in and around the metro (class AA). Grand Rapids had a good season 2 years ago but the majority of titles go to the suburb teams now. Example: Duluth East and Moorhead, the only two outstate teams in class AA, have been eliminated.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I only posted it as it had the video/audio of what folks were asking about…

No..no…Thanks for that. I was also curious as to what the announcers were talking about. I just can’t believe the author could even right something so poor, and obviously looking to stir the pot.

tswoboda

Those days are OVER. The power now lies in and around the metro (class AA). Grand Rapids had a good season 2 years ago but the majority of titles go to the suburb teams now. Example: Duluth East and Moorhead, the only two outstate teams in class AA, have been eliminated.

Do you realize there’s only 3 AA sections with “outstate teams”? And those sections are still half metro teams. The northern powerhouses are all grouped into two AA sections so there can only be two at the state tourney each year at the very most. And yet the in the last 2 state championships, 3 out of the 4 teams have been northern teams.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Do you realize there’s only 3 AA sections with “outstate teams”? And those sections are still half metro teams. The northern powerhouses are all grouped into two AA sections so there can only be two at the state tourney each year at the very most. And yet the in the last 2 state championships, 3 out of the 4 teams have been northern teams.

I was referring to the Class AA title. That has only 1 outstate win since 2008 (which was Grand Rapids in 2017).

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Blaine goalie is my son-in-law’s nephew. Great kid and will be a lot of fun to watch him play.
    Go Bengals!

I have enjoyed getting to know Joey over all the years that I coached in the Blaine program. Your right, great kid who loves the outdoors and helping all the younger future Bengals.
    My nephew is on the team and named Mr. Hockey earlier today.
    Proud of them both!!
    Ron

Nice Fella

The last hockey hair video is out:

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats to Bryce! Quite an honor.

The guys played hard and brought home hardware.

Memories for a lifetime.

Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.