Minn Kota Vantage Discontinued?

• rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I heard a rumor about a month ago that they are discontinuing the Vantage. More recently I heard from a more reputable source that they are/have discontinued the vantage.

Does anyone have more information on this? Is it being replaced by something? This is going to p!ss a lot of people off if they just flat out discontinue it. Especially us tiller guys.

Sodie
    Alma , Wisconsin

Haven’t heard anything but that wouldn’t be good

CaptainMusky

I cant imagine they would discontinue it without something to replace it. Tiller guys love those things dont they? I know they had problems at first, but I think those have been resolved.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

If their company revenue has been anything like their market stock performance over the last year, they might be making cuts.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Greenhorn, good point, they’re not in a good position. Can’t find any birds, or minn kotas in stock most places.

I’d think they’d drop something like the powerdrive if they’re making cuts.

Regardless, if they’re really going away, I hope MotorGuide steps up and creates something similar but better!

Reef W

There’s 0% chance Minnkota is “going away”. You can’t find them in stores because they sell every one they can make.

edit: I think you meant the Vantage specifically now that I reread it, not the company as a whole so… never mind me.

Ripjiggen

I haven’t heard anything, but I think we think pretty microscopic when it comes to overall sales of some items especially in the Midwest. Not many places where big tillers are a thing except around here. Had a warrior before my current windshield boat. I would not own a big tiller without one.
    With that said overall sales of them can’t be that big.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

It’s true, they are no longer making them.

Red Eye

It’s true, they are no longer making them.

Might have to start hoarding used ones.

Ongo

Likely had to prioritize components and/or resources toward higher demand or higher margin products. Maybe it’ll come back if the supply chain ever gets evened out.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

They have the entire market to themselves. No other competitors. They haven’t spent a penny on R&D since they came out (20 years?). Being it’s the only thing like it on the market, it seems foolish for them to discontinue them. 98% of big tillers have a vantage. Most of us have a backup in the garage because they’re notorious for breaking down.

Ripjiggen

Likely had to prioritize components and/or resources toward higher demand or higher margin products. Maybe it’ll come back if the supply chain ever gets evened out.

I think you nailed it. Small potatoes compared to bow mounts.

Ongo

I work in manufacturing and we’ve had to make some of the same tough decisions. We can’t get enough parts to make everything that customers demand, so we’re having to make decisions about what to make with the resources we do have. We would gladly fulfill all orders and make more money if it was possible.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.