Mille lacs water temperature?

• Droptinex2

Anyone been out and know water temperature?

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

The nasty NW wind has kept me off the lake the last couple days but will update tomorrow afternoon.

Ripjiggen

Low 60’s Sunday during the day.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Was slow for me but only fished a short time. Spent the day walking the woods for grouse. Did find a few of those.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Better this afternoon, Smallies were cooperating. Grouse and woodcock were also willing to play this morning.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Better this afternoon, Smallies were cooperating. Grouse and woodcock were also willing to play this morning.

Little blast and cast action huh

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Temps were 57-59 yesterday, sucker bite is hot, burned through 5 dozen

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Temps were 56-58 today. Craig do you care to elaborate how you were using said suckers?? 5 dozen is a pretty good chunk of money hope you got a few keepers at least?

Droptinex2

Two of us fished Thursday and Friday ~5 hours each day. Caught walleyes from 20 to 25’. We did ok on Thursday (9 fish/ 2 keepers) Friday was a bit better but no keepers. ((13 fish)
    Water temp was 58-59 degrees

Ripjiggen

Temps were 56-58 today. Craig do you care to elaborate how you were using said suckers?? 5 dozen is a pretty good chunk of money hope you got a few keepers at least?

Guessing he was fishing smallies. I am sure some walleyes mixed in. Can be really good for eyes too. He is more than likely rigging them. I went through 8 dozen last weekend in about 7 hours of fishing. Multiple 5 lbers and 3 that broke 6. Bring buddies with to buy bait. jester

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Correct we were rigging, couple walleye mixed in, one was a slot fish but we didn’t want to clean fish. The gas station in Malmo had suckers for 6.50/dozen. You basically just lindy rig suckers through rock and most of time you don’t even need to feed them line. It’s fun, especially if you bring kids! We didn’t break 20” but plenty of 18+ fish, they are getting some big bellies

lindyrig79

Craig and Rip, that is getting it done. Sounds like something I need to try.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

59 / 60 tonight on a sheet of glass. No moon due to clouds. Tough bite for the 2 hrs, 6:30 to 8:30 I was out. One 17″. Lots of salad in the water too.
    Graph was looking better but I did what I wanted to do.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

With the nice day the water temp was 60/61. Surface was still warm from the beautiful day.
    Bite is getting better too.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Had 62 last night on the west side.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Talked to ML Co. Sheriff at Thains R. launch today. Reef & rock bouys are essentially gone. The red & green channel bouys marking the way to Bayview pizza 🍕 are in but will be gone by the middle of the month.
    Newbys to ML, BE CAREFUL! The lake is low & very unforgiving.

404 ERROR
    MN

Fished Fri-Sun. Temps were in the 55-60 degree range. Night trolling Hornets on the first break was the ticket for eyes and jigging raps in the rocks got the job done for smallies during the day. Biggest Smallie was 21.25″ and biggest Eye was 23″.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Do you lose many jigging raps to rocks? Sounds fun, love a good jig rap bite

The_Bladepuller
    South end

56 last night.
    Chomp was on once the moon came up. Biggest was 22 7/8 & One Smallie right at 20 before sun went down.

404 ERROR
    MN

Do you lose many jigging raps to rocks? Sounds fun, love a good jig rap bite

Lost 2 all weekend. It’s not as bad as the river, but you do lose some.

Jason

Felt chilly on my waders – Pulled the dock and lift out on Saturday. Had to jump in and lift the boat up to get it off the lift. Hopefully we get alot of snow or rain before next May…

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Was out fishing from shore on Sunday night. Caught five walleyes 16.5 to 21″. Went back Monday night and got skunked, but there were dinky-sized walleyes all over the place. Went again last night. Skunked again and only saw one little pair of eyeballs the whole time, But there was much more wave action last night than Monday. Didn’t get a single bite Mon or Wed. I was picking up quite a bit of weeds last night, which wasn’t the case on Sunday or Monday.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Water temp was 54 today, wind was brutal. Managed a few eyes with one slot shallow. One big smallie in deeper rock. Marked a ton of fish in 16-19’, but weren’t hungry. Not sure if cold front or full moon affected them, was a grind

The_Bladepuller
    South end

50.6 tonight.
    About fell on my azz on the dock from rain / snow / snizzle & the dock and the 31 degree temp.
    Gave it 45 minutes. Dark as the inside of a cow & nothing so a warm house & Buffalo Trace caught me. 😀

lindyrig79

I only saw two boats out from the NE corner tonight. Brave souls. I think I’m done fishing, will focus on hunting from here on out most likely. Good luck

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

50.6 tonight.
    About fell on my azz on the dock from rain / snow / snizzle & the dock and the 31 degree temp.
    Gave it 45 minutes. Dark as the inside of a cow & nothing so a warm house & Buffalo Trace caught me. 😀

I was fishing out of my boat on Platte for bass and pike. I had already fished through one slush storm. Saw dark clouds headed in my direction at 6:20 PM and called it a night right then and there. With those heavy clouds to the West making it get dark so fast, I probably only would have fished for 10-minutes before heading in anyway. Glad I pulled the plug when I did.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I have a feeling that there would still be some good walleye nights left. The low water level is having me pull hoists & dock.
    Water temp means the Gator Guys AKA Muskie fishers are just coming on.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.