Micro Sd Cards

• fishspike

Does anyone know how to match Micro cards with the Big card. Grand Kids were in boat and cards are all mixed up. I have Wi lakes. MN lakes and two LOW.

Help. The numbers on minnie card don’t match any number on big cards

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

If I am understanding you question, they make an adaptor so micro SD cards can fit into a bigger SD card slot. I don’t think that is what you are asking.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I’m in the same boat, I have three lakemaster cards different years and I have no idea which one is which.

fishspike

Right I have 9s front and back so need two cards. I fish Mn Wi and LOW. Cards are mixed and cannot figure how to get right cards where as fishing LOW this week end and what a mess

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Might be stupid question but wouldn’t all the map data be stored on the Micro SD part of the card? Would it matter what SD card you put the micro part in?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Does anyone know how to match Micro cards with the Big card. Grand Kids were in boat and cards are all mixed up. I have Wi lakes. MN lakes and two LOW.

Help. The numbers on minnie card don’t match any number on big cards

Why not just insert a card, any card, into your unit? Won’t the unit TELL you what micro card you have inserted? Then just match up that micro card, with the labeled adapter card.

fishspike

Nope doesn’t work that way. Tried

munchy
    NULL

I’m guessing you have unmarked micro SD’s and marked adaptors? And you want the correct micro in the corresponding adaptor?

You should be able to place the card into the unit, zoom out and scroll around to see which region it is covering. It may also be labeled somewhere in the settings page but it’s been a while since I’ve looked through that.

munchy
    NULL

If the maps don’t automatically load then go to chart settings and select auto for map source.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I’ve gone through all the screens and I can’t see what version card I am playing. Mine are all mn cards so zooming out would not help. I thought I was the only one dealing with this problem! Lol

Karry Kyllo

If you’re out in the open and have the unit on (GPS has to be working), put a card in the unit and scroll to each lake and then zoom in. If it shows the contours, it’s the card for that lake.
    I had the same ID problem but started marking them with a white paint marker. There’s not much room on them so I ID them using only one or two letters of the lake. Lake of the Woods I ID with LW as an example.

fishspike

Thanks thought Of doing that and you confirmed it. I have put the map source on auto and there is nothing on the screen. Go to contour and had and the lake shows up. Confusing

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

It might be on one of the screens you get to by choosing a different option at startup.
    maybe a diagnostic screen.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I tried plugging a lakemaster card (standard SD) into the computer. At least for this version there were a few text files that showed the date of the card and the lake list. Couldn’t find anything that actually gave the version number. I don’t have a micro to look at but it could be worth looking at one to see what files are on the card. Might tell you which is which.

Mango Tango

To figure out what version you have, you could look at the Lakelist online, locate a lake that was added for that version (Usually they note those), and back-track as mentioned above. Locate that lake, check the contour and see if it matches.

Main reason I know that is because I have a habit of getting a chip and then end up having a lake I want to fish get the HD Contours the next version so mine is out of date. Uncanny!

fishspike

Well I did this. Took all the cards out of booth units. Found LOW using the unit map. Took one card at a time to see what features popped up. After going through six cards I think I have them back in the right Big HD card. Not sure of the version though. It gets confusing because the MN card has some LOW on it. Just trying to stay out of Canada 👍. But here is a thought. The gentleman that does the You Tube Videos for hummingbird. Throw a bunch of unmarked micro cards in a pile and see how long before he lets out a cuss word. Seriously thanks for everyone suggestions it did help

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i was just dealing with this exact issue last night as i was converting my chips from Wisconsin to Minnesota. i’m glad i’m not the only one. they can put the Humminbird logo on that microSD card, but can’t add a name/version? i’m writing on mine with a silver sharpie so i can keep them straight more easily.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

The lower right (chart line) on the diagnostics page doesn’t list the version? I know my 1199 does. (Best picture I could find online as I’m not near my boat till tonight).

Once they are all matched, unless you need the micros for a unit I would just tape over the top of the adaptor so they can’t come out.

Edit – that page my be turned ‘off’ for visibility, somewhere in the setting is a page to make it visible if it is.

Attachments:
    1. images.png

Ryan Scholl

The lower right (chart line) on the diagnostics page doesn’t list the version? I know my 1199 does. (Best picture I could find online as I’m not near my boat till tonight).

Once they are all matched, unless you need the micros for a unit I would just tape over the top of the adaptor so they can’t come out.

Edit – that page my be turned ‘off’ for visibility, somewhere in the setting is a page to make it visible if it is.

Helix and Solix will also display which card is inserted in the unit.

riverdewey
    St. Paul, MN

I am not sure about the newer versions, but on the older versions of the Lakemaster cards there is a folder called LkMaster. In that folder there is a file called mnminfo.txt (for Minnesota cards). The last line of that text file (you can just double click on it in Windows to open it) is the version number of the card. For instance:

Minnesota Version 6.0 – version 6 card
    MN PL V3 – Minnesota Plus card version 3

Umy
    South Metro

Humminbird question
    I downloaded the Helix 12 DI CHIRP software update onto my card.
    When I insert it I don’t get the message that says are you okay updating from your version 120 to 123 ” like their instructions say.
    I have the card in, followed the directions to the T but don’t get the command to “CONFIRM” I want to update.
    Have emailed Humminbird support but wondered if someone here has already had this issue.
    My Humminbird 9″ SI worked just fine.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.