Mercury four stroke

• Tom schmitt

Does anyone have feedback on Mercury 4stroke 115hp outboards? Starting,running, quiet?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have a 2017 on my pontoon. 12 hours on it so far. Love it. Runs great, good on gas.
    Actually the only thing I don’t like and I shouldn’t complain but it is soooooo quiet that on windy days you can barely here it start.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

They are great. I have a 115 pro xs four stroke and it is tremendous.

Jim Stoeckel
    Above the clouds.

A good friend has one. It’s in the shop for the THIRD time with tilt and trim issues. Not what he or anyone else had hoped for with a 1 year old motor.

bigpike

2002 90 h.p. merc 4 stroke here. The only issues I have had with it since it was new was self inflicted. It does start hard the first start especially if its cold. But after the first start it starts great. No fuel injection though….I would buy another

Karry Kyllo

I’m on my second Merc 115 4 stroke and my current is a 115 CT. Zero problems with either. They are extremely quiet and very fuel efficient. When I got my first 4S, I actually thought my fuel gauge wasn’t working properly until I filled the tank because the needle had barely moved. They sip gasoline.
    Both of mine have always started easily at the touch of the key. I have a Lund 2000 DC and got the 115 CT for better hole shot. It improved hole shot and handling significantly.
    I troll alot with my 9.9 Pro Kicker and the 115s are so quiet that it’s not uncommon to look back only to realize that the 115 has been idling for some time when I’ve been trolling and I’ve forgotten to shut it off. It’s so quiet I never hear it idling.
    I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

The 115 is an excellent motor, quiet, smooth, dependable… Put over 1600 hours on a 2010 with no problems. Only issue I had was the foam air filter disintegrated and since very little of it was inside the cowling I assume it went through the engine. The replacement filter had been redesigned.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Got a 2002 115 HP bought used in 2006 and it has been running like a champ. Only thing I do is change oil, filter, and lower gear lube annually. Had the water pump replace a couple times but that is normal.

watisituya
    North Metro

A buddy of mine has a brand new pro XS, We were out in the wind and forgot the motor was running, it ran for about 35 min before we noticed… Dead silent.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

My brother in-law has one and I have forgotten (twice) to shut the motor off after power loading because it was so quiet. He had a few problem with hole shot, but a prop change made a huge difference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.