10 fish limit for pans

• bigpike

Read in WON that the limit for this lake and Tainter is going to 10…..

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

I heard that too. I think it is good for both fisheries. I have done well on Tainter and haven’t really fished Menomin for panfish, but it doesn’t really bother me any. I think both lakes need to improve on the panfish population and this should help.

jhalfen

I’ve had some absolutely beautiful crappies and gills come out of Menomin early in the summer, before the lake greens up. I think the 10 fish bag limit is a great thing!

bigpike

It seems to be a trend for lakes in this area, I dont fish these lakes but I do fish Altoona, that also has a ten fish limit. My only complaint about this, is if you have a family of four ten fish is not enough for a meal, I do throw alot of fish back that I would normally keep looking for the real brute keepers, I wonder if this is what the DNR intends by this rule or they just want less fish taken each year. Overall I do like it, but I wonder if the 5 or 3 pan limit isnt that far around the corner…..

starkj25

i agree with tipups, i have fished behind the cemetery a couple times in my life when they are biting. most of the fish arent big enough to get a tiny piece off, i have seen people keep 4-5″ gills. that is stupid. also some people have told me that the get their 25 when they are biting and go home and come back for more the same day, there is no way some people are even keeping them. i think this is one of the smartest things they have done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.