Dangerous Ice conditions

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Made a short trip to Menomin between the early and late day deer hunting to see about catching a few perch. Btmfinder and myself walked out from comfort point (landing off of 21st street) and drilled some holes. We found the ice only maybe 5 inchs in a few spots and only managed a couple of perch and one of Don H. favorite (a big ole yellow belly.It was the biggest bullhead I’ve caught in a while. Other area lakes might be in the same conditions so don’t drive out on the lakes please.
    Steve

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Its been 50 degrees down here for the past 2 days. I have been afraid to venture out,we had 5″ before but by now I am sure its not safe. I did have 1 good day on a small pond taking 25 big gills . Thats my self imposed limit for this pond. Its small and about 2′ low now so I may only hit it once more with the kids.

Don Hanson

Let me know when the yellow belly bite really takes off. I want to get to the spot before Bob Johnston does!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

You’ll be the first one I tell Don. It sure surprised me to pull that big fella out of the hole. I heard that Bob loves those big yellow belly’s. The fish were moving through the area but we couldn’t get much to bite. Wish I had an underwater camera just so I could see what they were. I’m going to guess crappies as they were suspended but without catching one it is just a guess. We were in 14 1/2 feet of water and the fish we were marking were from 7 to nine feet of water? We tried crappie minnows,waxes,and fat heads. Oh yea the yellow belly and perch were within 6 inchs of the bottom. I suppose Bob will be out there with some stinkbait huh?
    Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.