crappies

• starkj25

is anyone catching any crappies or gills out on menomin or tainter, i saw some boats over the cribs that are out there.

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

There was still some ice in cemetary bay on Sunday. Saw one guy fishing in a boat. He was moving around a lot, so i doubt he was doing well. Talked to a guy coming out of Tainter, said he had caught around a dozen, nothing special on size (10 inches). However, a lot of the brush that you would usually fish this time a year is above water, the water is down a solid 3-4 feet. I will prolly be trying it sometime this week or weekend.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

TipUpsOnly:

The water will be that low until they get the boards backup on the dam providing they went out with iceout. I haven’t been in that area for several years now, but you would think that that same brush will hold crappies once the water warms.

Mark

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Fished Tainter today from 1-5. Kept 18 crappies & threw lots more back. Size was 9-11 inches & water temp between 53-59 degrees. The fish were schooled up in the shallows, but not all that active. The most productive approach was sight fishing, then throwing a minnow underneath a bobber set at 2-3 feet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.