Menomin & Tainter

• Don Hanson

I have not posted a report this week so here is a quick update. After spending a few days a pool 4 I am back on the local ponds. Both lakes are giving up good numbers right now. Size wise Tainter gets the nod. The plastic bite is also better on Tainter. The new Paddle tails from BfishN Tackle, ringworms and Berkley power shad are all producing. Fireballs tipped with fats are also doing well. See you on the water, Don.

eelpout

Don, If you can shoot me the snail mail adress of schmitdys i”ll send a photo up to him. Can’t seem to find him in the white pages. How you doing off that point.MIKE (eelpout)

Don Hanson

Schmidty’s Archery & Bait Shop
    541 North Broadway
    Menomonie, WI. 54751

I did ok on Thursday, the plastic bite is picking up some. Water temp is almost prime for the big bite to kick in. Hit Menomin today and had a decent bite going. Got a few eaters anyway. Headed down to harrass the boys on pool 4 Saturday. Take care, Don.

eelpout

Thanks Don, I’LL send up a photo. untill then, don’t catch em all, but keep the reports comming. Thanks, MIKE

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Don just wondering if your noticing any ice on the edges of the lake or at the landing? I imagine that the city has pulled the docks by now haven’t they? jackie and I was down walking the bike trail over the Chippewa and I see the ponds there have a thin layer of ice. 5 days to go and I’m off for deer season. Ya Hooo

Don Hanson

Last week, I think it was Wed. there was a little ice around the edges. The docks have been pulled. Good luck with hunting, let me know when you are ready to hit the water. Don

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Thanks Don. If all goes well I’ll take a couple of deer right away Saturday and be ready for fishing. Steve

Don Hanson

If you get that deer early the local bite remains strong. I have been concentrating on deeper sections of the lake. 16 to 20ft have been the best The fish will make moves shallower through the course of the day so being close to skinny water helps.

Jigging and rigging are two solid methods for putting fish in the boat. Switch up between hair and plastics to find their preference. I have not hit any bigguns but getting nice eater size. Good luck and will see you on the water.

Don Hanson

A couple of combo’s that have been working well.

Don Hanson

Here is an attempt to photo a pike that was L.D.R.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.