Marcum LX-3 troubleshooting

• Grump Flap

A guy at my office has an LX-3 that doesn’t work in 20′ mode, but works otherwise (he has been using it in 40′ mode). He just upgraded and I was thinking about buying it, if it can be fixed but I’m not finding much in the way of troubleshooting info.

Any idea if this is something as simple as a new transdeucer, or if this is a bigger fix and not something I shouldn’t trouble with.

I’ve never had any ice electronics, so I have no clue.

Jason Guthmiller

I would say try to get a hold of Marcum. It could be something and easy as a bad switch or as big as a shot board.

jld
    Holmen

Maybe a stupid question but is he fishing in over 20 ft of water?

popcorn

Marcum has a flat rate fee for working on these units (my VX-1 was $80). The motor in my VX-1 was going out so after a quick phone call I sent it in. They not only replaced the motor but basically did a complete overhaul on my unit. After several years of use and abuse I basically have a new unit. Keep in mind that it may take a while to get it back and you may decide to hold off till spring. I sent mine in over the summer and had it back in three weeks. It may be a small price to pay but in my opinion it’s worth it.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Take it to Marcum and let them fix it. Sure you could change parts and maybe spend a small fortune trying to save a few bucks not to mention the time you lose testing it…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.