waypoint sharing via ethernet.

• jwelch
    Iowa

I was out today and my two hds units aren’t sharing waypoints. I was wondering what setting I needed to do to get them to share waypoints. I have them networked together with ethernet cord with the structure scan in between. Right now, I can get them to share information like temp and sonar from the console unit up to the bow unit. And I can get structure scan on each unit, but for some reason I can’t share waypoints.

When I go into network screen, the only thing I see about sharing waypoints is with nmea2000 sharing and nmea 0813 (or something like that)but nothing about over the ethernet. Do I need to turn off the other two network sharing settings? Or should the ethernet just automatically share waypoints and I have something wrong? Do I have something set is local when it needs to be on global?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeremy

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

It was explained to me that you need to have nmea connection between units to share waypoints. Ethernet is for sonar and temp only.

jwelch
    Iowa

On the lowrance website, I was reading that there suppose to automatic synchronize. even if one of the units is off, the next time it is turned on. It is supposed to update. I wonder whats going on?

Jeremy

jwelch
    Iowa

I think when I transfered some old ones from a mmc cards back in april I just put them on my console unit and they automatically transfered then because there on there. But the ones i have marked with the console unit since haven’t. I haven’t really use my front unit for gps until today. So I haven’t notice them not tranfering. I’ll have to go out and mess with them some more tomorrow.

Jeremy

mule170
    Bemidji

I have an HDS10 and Hds7 at my console and a HDS5 on the bow. They are networked with ethernet cables thru my LSS-1 and NEP-1. You are correct that they do share way point thru the ethernet system. The units should sync when you first network them. I had the same issue with my bow unit awhile ago. I fixed mine by doing a soft reset on all the units, give it a try and see how it works.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

It was explained to me that you need to have nmea connection between units to share waypoints. Ethernet is for sonar and temp only.

I’ve been down this road and the above statement is true.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN
    jwelch
    Iowa

Thanks for all the replies. I went out and hooked my units up this afternoon. Turned them on and the waypoints that I had marked and wouldn’t transfer yesterday were transfered today. Don’t know why they didn’t synch right away but today they worked and could edit waypoints back and forth. So I don’t what was going on.

Thanks, mule170. It’s good to know it’s happened to somebody else and thanks for the tip on what you did to solve it. If it happens again I’ll try it right away.

For those of you who don’t realize the capabilities of the ethernet network should get on the lowrance website and do a search for ethernet network and learn about what they have. I found a page/chart the talks/shows all of the differences between ethernet,nmea2000 and nmea0183. ethernet kicks the c**p out of nmea2000 when it comes waypoint sharing.

Check out the link that otis eyes posted, it’s the one I’ve been looking at.

Thanks,Jeremy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.