Tranducer arm cracks!

• shawnil

I think I broke my transducer whacking it with an anchor last night.

Any suggestions on how to remount this? Assuming superglue doesn’t hold, I may be able to drill through the remaining part of the arm and reattach that way somehow with the existing bracket.

I guess in a pinch, I could duct tape to my trolling motor, but dropping the trolling motor would sure create unnecessary drag at high speeds…

Shawn

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I had a friend who did that once….

He super glued it (gel form)then after setting for a bit he very carefully ruffed up the crack area with course sand papper and used a good quick dry 2 part epoxy , It has held for 2 or better years now.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Yep. I’ve done the same thing..Superglue first, then a coat of epoxy over the cracked area on the outside surface. It held up as long as I had my previous boat.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Tried the redrill cause I was up in Canada and had no glue. It didn’t work. I bought a new one.

JimmyJig

I had one break like that. Bought “Professional Grade” Epoxy from Menards and it is still going. It was not the 30 min. kind.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Shawn what is the model of your fish finder? BTW that is a little more than a crack.

nailbender

I did the same thing this weekend on Devils Lake. I used JB Weld quick and it is as strong as ever.

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

I did the exact same thing. I used Gorilla glue and 2 zip ties to hold it in place. So far, so good!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Super glue followed by 2 part epoxy.
    That will get you by until saving enough pennies for a new ducer.

shawnil

well see how well it holds up, got some JB weld today…

Shawn

floydthegreat

Mine was on the Minnkota I mixed up some epoxy with some filler (peanut butter consistency)it’s held up real good,but first wet it out with the straight epoxy.
    Stan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.