lowrance elite 7

• masters
    oregon il

Anybody got one of these units if so how do you like it and are they any good?

shefland
    Walker

I’ve got one, so far I like it, bigger screen, I use it as a stand alone sonar.HB is my gps. Easy to navigate thru the menu and pages. DI? not so sure of that yet. All of my fishing has been in shallow water so far, less then 12 feet or so, deeper times are developing so time will tell.

masters
    oregon il

I bought one but haven’t installed it yet just hoping to get a little feedback from people that have them, do you mostly use it in a river or lake? Was wondering how it would be in a river cause that’s mostly where I fish.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Installed one on a boat that’s left up at our cabin.
    I think the units is outstanding for the $’s.
    I am a hard core Lowrance guy, so it’s very easy for me to understand, but gave my Father and brother-in-law lesson 101, and within a very short time, they were unsing on their own.
    IMHO, you can’t go wrong with this unti.
    One mans opinion though.
    Happy Shopping

flanders51

Quote:

Anybody got one of these units if so how do you like it and are they any good?

I bought one of these and really love it. I think Lowrance made a great effort to pack a lot in for the price.

My perspective is that I went from the basic 2-D sonar technology that was 10 years old. I have never had GPS capabilities with route tracking, waypoints, etc. This has been a huge improvement to my fishing.

I think the sonar is very good. I tracked my line a few times, which could be amazing for close-in jig fishing. I don’t see a lot of use for the DI, but I do like it. The more information the better.

It is very easy to use. I also really like the record sonar/DI feature. I can put the information on an SD card and review it later. To me, analyzing what I did and why it worked is extremely valuable.

My two cents. Good luck.

masters
    oregon il

Thanks for the replys, got it installed and cant wait to try it out now just have to wait for the river to go back down..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.