HDS 4.0 Latest Update just released. 5/1/11

• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Hey webstj-

Can I buy my 7 back from your dad?

Sweet!

Looks like this update just saved me about $650 in buying another unit to pair up with my HDS7. Splitting the screen 3 ways on the HDS5&7’s is truly awesome!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Very NICE

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Can’t wait to put the three pain option to use. I have not liked running split screen on the sidescan page as it cuts the width down. On the HDS5 or 7 it makes the pane too small and you can’t read it as well. Looks like now it keeps the sidescan the full width.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Was told a couple weeks back by one of our Lowarnce guys this should be out any day. Couple weeks went by (as I checked daily) and nothing. Was about ready to form the possie.
    Thanks Dandorn, you beat me too it.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Some great features that were explained to me sometime back. Being able to pre set 6 screens using softkeys will be huge. Glad to see this finally out!

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

HOT DAM!! A lot of nice updates here.

Course extension and heading extension will display as same extension line unless compass is connected……

What compass connection? Or is it internal to the HDS units? This is one of the ‘wish list’ items I first asked for from Lowrance. I guess Santa Clause is real…..

tweak

Nice. Can’t wait to use the quick screen selection. That is sweet.

I was in a friend’s boat Saturday with a HB 1197. I like the three favorites function, but on that unit you really have to have them because the only way I saw to switch screens was to hit the view button a billion times. Maybe there is another way, but I didn’t figure it out in the short time I was goofing around with it.

This makes it easy to find favorites and navigate through all the options. I like.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

thanks!!

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Dandorn – WKW says he will give you a deal on it if you take the boat too.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Dandorn – WKW says he will give you a deal on it if you take the boat too.

I was afraid of that.

gbsoren
    MN, USA

I have it installed on my HDS-10, I really do like the favorite soft keys, works slick.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I just updated my two HDS units. Played around with it in the barn and as far as I can tell, I will really like it.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

****I have it installed on my HDS-10, I really do like the favorite soft keys, works slick. ****

Any secrets we need to know about in setting up soft keys for our 6 favorite screens?

Many thanks in advnce

JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

Just updated my HDS-10. The favorite screen feature is really nice. The only challenging part was deciding which 6 screens to save. Set one up with the desired overlay data, hold the soft key for a few seconds and its saved. Move to the next one and do the same thing.

Overall speed has improved, too. Thanks to Lowrance for the upgrade.

DAN J

Tried to download and install 4.0. Formatted card first to make sure it was blank.Downloaded ok but would not load in HDS.I have done the 3.0 and 3.5 with no problems.Called Thorne Bro. and they said they were having the same problem. Any ideas?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Download the file to your hard drive then copy and paste it to the card. Insert the card in your lowrance and turn it on.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I copied it to my SD card and it wouldn’t go either… Put The card in the lap top and it showed it was there,,,on the card… dbl clicked the program and it needed to load/open… put it back in the HDS10 and WA~LA !!!

Love the new upgrade… I hope to be on the water Friday and will play with the favorite settings..

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

This is a common problem, relating I believe to the browser you use. Many times (well, every time for me) the download comes as a self extracting zip file to save on space. What downloads is a .EXE file. You need to run that file so it can extract the update.

Download your update to your computer. Put in your SD card into the reader and then double click the EXE file. It will start the extract program and ask you where you want it put. You can either direct it right to your SD card, or let it extract to your hard drive and them move it. It also extracts some other junk that you don’t need.

If you do that, you should be fine.

DAN J

Downloaded again, removed first download and it worked fine. Don’t know what the problem was.Updated all three HDS units and they are working fine.New blue palete is cool.Can’t wait to get it on the water. What happened to spring?

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Downloaded a couple times from Lowrance.

Finally got it to downloaded to my hard drive after a few tries to the card directly from the Wizard.

Copied it over to my card. I show the three files on my card and I put it my HDS & NOTHING…

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

the thing most often messed up,I think is any place it asks what to do,is you need to select run to make it work then it asked where to send the update ,then I sent it the chip
    1GB card and when I put in in myHDS7 it ran the update then went thru the setup piece and the update was done .I thing it is real nice three split screen, w Structure scan

Stan

jwelch
    Iowa

Just updated my hds 10 and 7. No problems for me. The updates look awesome.

Yeah I think the three way split on the hds 7 is going to nice. I think that option would also be nice on the bigger models with the split on the bottom. Unless it is on there? Didn’t check it out on the 10, just looked at the 7.

Jeremy

james
    Ankeny Iowa

I have an 8 AND 5 . I use the 8 for side scan and the 5 for mapping. Both on dash . where did you find out how to program in your 6 favorite screens. Could not find it in the manuel. Is there a video on you tube on the new update 4 and it’s short cuts . I got the pdf file and no short cuts there eather. ( like the flywheel only works on the mapping page ) to zoom in and out

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well I went back out and played with it and found out how to do it . Works really good. Easy way to jump from screen to screen .

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I got mine upgraded also.

Thanks Tweak…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Route navigation
    start from any
    Route point

I might be the only person in the USA that is jumping up and down about this!!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Route navigation
    start from any
    Route point

I might be the only person in the USA that is jumping up and down about this!!

Make sure you hold that dress down while you’re doing that. Nobody wants to see whats under it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Right away in the morning!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.