Lost $$ at Prescott launch

• badgerbacker

I just talked to my dad and he managed to leave (lose) a good amount of cash at the Prescott launch today (Tuesday) between 5 to 8 PM. I thought I would help him and get the word out. Hopefully another fisherman grabbed it and is looking for the owner. Please message me if you all hear anything. Thanks!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Well here’s the deal.

I launched around 5:15, someone had found your money and offered it to me thinking it might have been mine, he said it was a “wod of cash” . I said, “leave it, someone will come back for it”

And he did leave it.

It was gone when I left @8.

Maybe you’ll get lucky. But I doubt it. Some not so honest people in this world.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Why didn’t he take to the police?
    That’s what I would have told him…..not “leave it”…..

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

X1000! Why leave it? Sounds like the money is long gone.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Question: Why have that much cash on you and how do you leave it?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

We will be watching for that new 16″ screen on your boat now fishblood hah

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The wrong people found it from the git go. I would have given to police if substantial amount. Otherwise in the parking safe in an envelope with an explanation.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

X1000! Why leave it? Sounds like the money is long gone.

I suppose I could’ve taken the money and left a note to call me.
    So could’ve the guy who had the money in his hand who asked if it was mine.
    I guess neither of us cared to do anything except let good people be good and bad be bad after we left.

Heck I let a $20+ float by me last week and told a gal on the dock to get over to the rocks and get it… It blew off the dock and want either of ours. Not my money, I’m not going to take it and don’t care who does.

If it ain’t yours, leave it!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

All of this is just so weird as Sh*T to me! I don’t understand any of it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

All of this is just so weird as Sh*T to me! I don’t understand any of it.

That’s why I love IDO!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Not my money, I’m not going to take it and don’t care who does.

If someone did care this money might be not gone……

I guess neither of us cared to do anything except let good people be good and bad be bad after we left.

Apathy is just laziness IMO…

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

AND I need to know… Is this south of $1000 or north?? If all this is over $60 I’m going to be pissed.. And if I hear it’s north of $1,000 I’m going to be pissed as well….That anyone would carry that kind of cash with them outside of a bank.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ll be losing sleep for a week due to my apathy. Probably not! I gave everyone after me an opportunity to be a good person.

Someone one chose to not be good. I blame the parents. My kid was in NC yesterday. Which one of you screwed up your kids?!?

Could’ve been $30 for all I know. Didn’t look and didn’t ask.

In the two seconds I thought about it, leaving the money where it was found seemed best.

Probably should have put a pro/con list together quick… And the only con would’ve been youse guys opinions of me should someone post looking for their mula.

Then again, I don’t care about people’s opinions of me when I don’t even know who the hill they are….

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I accidentally left my rod case on the ice a few years back. Lucky for me a “Good Guy” stepped up and took it home. We were able to connect and I got my stuff back. Thanks to this guy stepping up it all worked out. I sure am glad he didn’t just let it sit there and wait for someone else to do the right or wrong thing. I will always be grateful to that guy and any guy that tries to help out someone in need!

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

would really depend on how much cash. 50 leave it. couple hundo probably bring to police if not enough would be a pain and timewaster to head to police deal. Found a kayak that was either lost or stolen and abandoned. coordinated police picking it up some time was a pain getting time worked out wish I would’ve just left it there

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

A different side…

A few years back while ice fishing a guy approached and inquired if some fishing equipment was ours. It wasn’t. The guy thought it was left on the ice and indicated he would gather it and bring it to a local general store. Some type of “lost and found” approach I guess. Before long a guy from shore came racing out on an ATV and read him the riot act for attempting to steal it. Sounded like it was his kid’s equipment and he happened to be taking a lunch break.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

OK, so you take it to the Police and leave it. BB’s Dad goes to the Police Station, is given the money, then claims there’s $1000 missing,,,,,,

See how complicated this can get in a hurry?

HRG

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

tegg, it’s funny you mention that. 15 yrs ago I left an auger sit by an ice breaker while I ran back to get my fish house. There wasn’t a person in sight. 10 min later I came back and it was gone. I was furious at myself for leaving it there. I called the local police and they had a name of a guy who had just found an auger… long story short I went to this good Samaritans house and BS’d for an hour. We later became close friends. He was even in my wedding and we are still close friends. I still accuse him of “stealing” my auger and he still calls me an idiot. In this case I was still glad he picked up my auger, I shouldn’t have left it sit there.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Sheesh, all you guys throwing stones, I just hope the windows are open wide. It’s pretty easy to belly up to your computer and tell someone what they “should’ve” done.

Ease up. Do your best to help when you can and hope others do the same.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well EXCUSE ME guys…….
    My bad…I guess just doing the right thing is a lost art nowadays……
    Me myself…..even if it was $50 I would have turned it in…..
    Have we all gotten so self centered that it’s too much work anymore or someone might sue you?
    Have we all turned that cynical?
    Mud……I know you’re a decent fellow and a damn fine fisherman,that’s why I was kinda surprised….That’s all….

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Prescott landing is monitored by camera (so the sign says)

There’s another avenue to try.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Bunch of White Knights on their High Horses.
    “Put the boat back on the trailer! According to a stranger, another person lost something. I’ll assume responsibility”

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I guess I just come from a different time and place…..

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m waiting for the security video of a Minneapolis officer that shoots a cat because he feared for his life to come out so I can post it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m waiting for the security video of a Minneapolis officer that shoots a cat because he feared for his life to come out so I can post it.

I heard that was going to be a Madison fiasco.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mookie Blaylock wrote:</div>

I guess I just come from a different time and place…..

Where you feel the need to judge someone on the internet? In an awfully rude fashion.

Not sure if you were trying to raise yourself above everyone or trying to drag mud through the dirt.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>targaman wrote:</div>

I heard that was going to be a Madison fiasco.

And that was durring one of those cat festivals like the twin cities have.
    I guess should have asked that was true before my false statement.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Where you feel the need to judge someone on the internet? In an awfully rude fashion.
    Not sure if you were trying to raise yourself above everyone or trying to drag mud through the dirt.

As far as “trying to raise yourself above everyone”….I never did any such thing.
    I never judged anyone here… much less “in a rude fashion”….
    All I stated was what I would do…..and then lamented how things have changed….IMO for the worse…..

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

AND I need to know… Is this south of $1000 or north?? If all this is over $60 I’m going to be pissed.. And if I hear it’s north of $1,000 I’m going to be pissed as well….That anyone would carry that kind of cash with them outside of a bank.

$63, but they were all singles whistling

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Today’s Forecast:
    73°
    RealFeel® 74° Precipitation 7%
    Cooler with intervals of clouds and sunshine

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.