Looking at the forecast holy buckets

• tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    I just saw a honeybee. Holy buckets!

I smacked two misquitos last night

Were they the early season mosquitoes that don’t bite?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-02-27-113727.jpg

Jimmy Jones

I follow multiple different weather dudes, 2 do it just for fun while one is actually a meteorologist and all of their forecasts are wildly different. 1 calls for a massive amount of snow in I Falls, 1 calls for like very little snow anywhere and the other calls for a heavy band across WI. I dont understand how they can be that incredibly different.

It’s like opinions. Every different station sees things in a different light. We see 4 different stations that have weather every day. Not a single one will mirror another even though the data used is supposed to come from the one National Weather Service station based right here in town. With all the confusion these stations can cause with their “alerts” and scary predictions that never seem to materialize, I’d like to see one [1] weather station in each state the forecasts state using Weather Service data from several portions of each state. No grandstanding or beefing up the BS to get attention to a particular station or network.

My forecast for today would read: Right now its warm, windy, and a very nice, mostly clear day. Things change so keep your eyes to the sky after waiting a couple hours. The weather might be a different story then.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Balls, they are predicting 70 degrees now this Sunday in the southern half of the state. Des Moines, Iowa may reach 80 degrees. Air conditioning in early March?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I follow multiple different weather dudes,

Not sure why, IDO resident meteorologist Gim “Belle” Ruis is all I need! rotflol rotflol I’m laughing because it’s true!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

LOL

Too bad I’m not as good looking. jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Bout that time again.

The drought situation is rapidly worsening. Per the updated drought monitor released this morning:

The latest U.S. Drought Monitor report for Minnesota has more bad news: 74 percent of the state is now in at least moderate drought, up from 53 percent a week ago.

There is not a whole lot of moisture on the horizon either…

Alagnak1

It’s bad. I thought our lake was dry at the end of last summer and it’s worse now of course. I was there saturday and figure I’ll have to add 2 dock sections to push it out far enough to get the toon on/off the lift because it was high and dry last fall.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looking at the st croix by home and it’s the lowest levels I have ever even seen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya unless we get some heavy spring rains its going to be bad.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

LOL

Too bad I’m not as good looking. jester

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But I’ll agree with you rotflol

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

So now we have some significant snow in the forecast?? We need the moisture but I was thinking rain would be OK at this point. What an odd year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It could be a mix of precipitation on Sun/Mon depending on where you are. Further west and north looks like all snow. Further south and east looks like a mix of rain and snow. Temps will be hovering right around freezing at times.

The one coming on Thursday looks like all snow.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

t could be a mix of precipitation on Sun/Mon depending on where you are.

Have we got the official Bellruis forecast yet? I need it to make some weekend plans!

Riverrat

Woohoo 3 inches (snow) up here on sunday. Might be enough to remove a few burn bans for a week.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    t could be a mix of precipitation on Sun/Mon depending on where you are.

Have we got the official Bellruis forecast yet? I need it to make some weekend plans!

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The weather man is saying 3 to 7 to 18 hmmm. I also need gims real world weather report. I can’t trust any one else

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. Here’s what I’ve found.

The Thursday clipper will be all snow. Models range from an inch on the low end to 6 inches on the high end with 1-3 inches likely right through the central part of the state, including the Twin Cities.

The Sunday/Monday one is all over the place. Some models crank out ridiculous snowfall totals in central and southern MN, like 15+ inches. Since its fueled by warmer Gulf moisture, the eastern portion of it could be mostly rain, which would lower snow totals.

Any snow that falls over the course of the next week or so will be the heavy, wet heart attack type. Not the fluffy stuff. At least it will make a dent in the drought.

slabz

Temps below freezing for the next 10 days in north central Minnesota. Early ice number 3 for the year??

CaptainMusky

Haha some of these models I’ve seen are ridiculous. If any one of them hit I will be shocked. 1 said 37 inches for St cloud. LOL not going to happen.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Spring is on the horizon. The REAL spring.

Attachments:
    1. april_8-12.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Sure hope so. This mother nature playing around with us is getting old. A month or so ago I though I’d be out in a boat way earlier than normal this year. Now its looking like that will not happen much earlier than normal. Was hoping to get out on Sun. Now looking at the forecast for my area its going to be Cold and really windy. Most likely will have to wait for the following weekend.

Jimmy Jones

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Sure hope so. This mother nature playing around with us is getting old. A month or so ago I though I’d be out in a boat way earlier than normal this year. Now its looking like that will not happen much earlier than normal. Was hoping to get out on Sun. Now looking at the forecast for my area its going to be Cold and really windy. Most likely will have to wait for the following weekend.

Ya’ll know this is Minnesota, eh? Land of 10,000 lakes. Land of 10,000 weather changes in a week. Land of 10,000, or so it seems, idiot politicians.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A month or so ago I though I’d be out in a boat way earlier than normal this year. Now its looking like that will not happen much earlier than normal. Was hoping to get out on Sun. Now looking at the forecast for my area its going to be Cold and really windy. Most likely will have to wait for the following weekend.

I hear ya, I thought the same. I think winter is really over now though. Spring is on its way. My boats getting wet on Saturday for the first time this season.

Ripjiggen

Lakes have been open for a while. If you wait on Mother Nature you may never fish.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

been raining pretty much all day here!!!!!!

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

Here also just came in from looking for crawlers. Didn’t find any must be to cold for them.

10klakes

Got an inch of rain. that will help a lot.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.