Lone Wolf Hang on Stands

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Anyone in the Rochester area own a Lone Wolf Assault hang on stand? I have sat on the Alpha hang on and I feel very comfortable in it with the platform size, I would like to compare these two stands and see if I feel as comfortable in the Assault. If you have the Assault I would like to sit in it to compare it to the Alpha. Not looking to turn this in to a debate about different brands of tree stands just looking for input on the Assault.

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

I used a buddy’s last year and I really enjoyed it. First time in a stand actually and I’m a big fella. 6’1” 315, felt totally safe and secure. Been thinking about getting one ever since.

hillhiker
    SE MN

If your still shopping take a close look at the XOP stands. I got one this year after hunting out of lone wolf stands for the last 4years, and I’m loving it! 60 bucks cheaper, light ,and comes with a more comfortable seat. I can tell you my body is thanking me right now. I do like my lone wolf, but I’m really impressed with this one!

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I have many Alpha’s and one Assault. I use my Assault as a hang and hunt stand. It’s not as roomy for sure and isn’t as comfortable for long sits. What it is super nice for is carrying it in with climbing sticks to hunt that same day. I then pull it down and carry it back out. It’s perfect for that.

Like Hillhiker said, the XOP stands are almost identical and have a nicer seat. May want to check them out.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the info guys I have been hearing about XOP and have been meaning to check them out. I will not be getting any for this season but will be watching for sales at the end of the season. Anyone know if XOP uses a easy hang strap like Lone Wolf?

hillhiker
    SE MN

The straps are basically identical to lone wolf.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have been doing some research on XOP stands and I must say that I am very impressed! One thing I did not realize is that the owner of XOP stands is the son of the guy who started Lone Wolf so basically they are Lone Wolf stands with some improvements at a lower price. I really like the quick connect bracket with the three offset positions, I also love that they make one with a 34 x 24 platform!

catmando
    wis

lot bigger than my Loc On spirts , man you could dance on those things .

Ryan

Just bought the XOP Air Raid and Vanish. Can’t go wrong in my opinion.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6823.jpg

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Well I pulled the trigger this year and over the course of the summer I bought 3 XOP Maximus XL’s. Cannot say enough good things about these stands absolutely love these stands and to top it off I took this bad boy out of one of them this year!

Attachments:
    1. 74687742_10218744220910451_7482013332359086080_o.jpg

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Wow! Congrats man that’s a horse!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

In case anyone is interested XOP has a sale right now on the 4 pack of climbing sticks in Mossy Oak® Bottomlands or Storm Grey. These are the new sticks with the Patented Lock tight stick stacking system – NO STRAP NEEDED! I am pretty much set in the stand department now, I have 5 of the Maximus XL’s that get put up for the season and in October I picked up The Vanish Evolution for a hang and hunt, I just ordered the 4 pack of sticks in Mossy Oak® Bottomlands to go with the stand.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I picked up the climbing stick fixed brackets for my Vanish Evolution and got them installed today, I think I am really going to like this set up for hang and hunts. The hole set up is just a hair over 20 LBS.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20201216_164355999.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.