Livescope Build

• Icefisherguy

A week or so ago they had a 10% off promo code if you ordered online and picked up in the store.

JoeMX1825
    MN

do a little internet searching and you can find refub setups in the $1,000 range…

Icefisherguy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Icefisherguy wrote:</div>
    FWIW I ordered the LVS32 and black box GLS 10 combo from Cabelas for $1170. It did come with the upgraded single barrel cable that is more pliable in cold weather. Still on the fence if I am going to keep it or return and wait for better deals and/or the LVS34.

Can you keep this thread updated. I am in the same boat. I think I will keep the screen at that price and sit on the fence for a bit. I have 60 days to return it to Cabelas. How were you able to get it reduced from 1299$ to 1170$?

I might just wait to the fall to buy a refurb if there is 2 year warranty as well.

As an update, after watching some of the YouTube videos, I ended up returning the transducer and keeping the UHD 93sv screen. The videos of the LVS34 didn’t blow me away but figured if I’m building a new setup I might as well get the latest and greatest.

When I returned the transducer I mentioned that I was upgrading to the LVS34 and that I was bummed to lose out on my 10% promo code. To my surprise, the nice lady working the counter allowed me to apply the 10% to the new transducer. Definitely YMMV situation but wanted to share in case someone was in the same situation. Now if only I could figure out when the LVS34 will show up I will be in business!

Dustin Zmetana

Thanks for the update. Lucky for you and the 10%.

Icefisherguy

Apologies if this has been asked before but I am looking at two power cables for my livescope build and can’t figure out which one is the right one:

010-12676-40 Garmin All in one power cable

010-13140-11 Lithium-Ion 4-in-One Power Cable

Both of them are $55. Is one for a lithium battery and one not? Obviously I’d like to be able to plug my amped charger into this. Anyone know the difference?

Thanks!

JoeMX1825
    MN

No idea what the difference could be, I used the -40 cable with an Amped Garmin barrel plug adapter for years…

Icefisherguy

No idea what the difference could be, I used the -40 cable with an Amped Garmin barrel plug adapter for years…

Thanks, Joe! I’ll go with the -40 as well then. The description on the garmin site is exactly the same between the two so I couldn’t figure it out either.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I grabbed a 126sv from Bass Pro on sale for 1499.97 + active junky discount – not sure how it’s gonna work with the Summit Shuttle, but know I’m gonna have to get the bigger bag.

Wondering if anyone has used the 126 through the ice? Obviously going to be heavier, but just curious if there is any real world feedback?

Thanks

JoeMX1825
    MN

I grabbed a 126sv from Bass Pro on sale for 1499.97 + active junky discount – not sure how it’s gonna work with the Summit Shuttle, but know I’m gonna have to get the bigger bag.

Wondering if anyone has used the 126 through the ice? Obviously going to be heavier, but just curious if there is any real world feedback?

Thanks

Heavier, bulkier and it uses more juice, so you either get a bigger battery or fish fewer hours… I don’t see how going larger than 10” benefits anything on the ice since you’re right ontop of the screen anyways vs it mounted in a boat and you’re likely standing farther away…

Cw

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzlyhackle wrote:</div>

Thanks

Heavier, bulkier and it uses more juice, so you either get a bigger battery or fish fewer hours… I don’t see how going larger than 10” benefits anything on the ice since you’re right ontop of the screen anyways vs it mounted in a boat and you’re likely standing farther away…

You’ll get close to 10-12 hours out of it roughly. I love using mine. Trips where I am gone dark to dark. I just have another 32ah battery I bring with. I don’t really notice the weight difference between them with the way I fish.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

@ Joe – I’d honestly go bigger than 12 if I could – I like the extra real estate. Have you seen Ben Millikens 26” screen on his boat? Ridiculous but I love it. I’m not really worried about the weight at all cause I’m not lugging it around a bunch. If I am hole hopping I have a small little sled I just leave the unit in. Pull the transducer and pull the sled to the next hole. Otherwise it’s setup in the hut. My biggest concern was just the battery life on the 32ah wide.

@ Cw – thanks man that’s exactly what I was wondering. I appreciate it.

I’ll update the build thread with total weight once I get it put together.

Thanks guys

Cw

Grizzly,

That’s what I do. I only fished out of a portable a handful of times this season, mainly just sightfishing trout.

I modded out a medium otter sled to hold my drill, locators, rod racks etc. Works pretty slick. I think the next thing I’m going to do is put either led light bars on the sled or add a couple to the garmin box and the vexilars for the evening stuff.

Add a harness to the rope for the walking too.

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, if weight & bulkiness isn’t an issue for you, then go with a 32″ DC TV and a big old battery…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

yeah, if weight & bulkiness isn’t an issue for you, then go with a 32″ DC TV and a big old battery…

Will be real curious to see the total weight vs your 106 build. Current weight is 23lbs with the 93 and only swapping the head units and bag, so guessing I will still be well under 30.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just looked and was really surprised to see the power usage of the 12″ vs 10″ was just .2 amps more, so the 32AH battery isn’t going to be a big issue, just lower the backlight a bit more…The 12″ screen is 1.5 lbs heavier than the 10″ and then add the bigger mounting bracket as well… my guess is you’ll be around 32-33 lbs…in the end 28 vs 32 pounds is nothing, they are BOTH heavy to lug around )

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild put Letteiri and Lucchini on waivers today…I’m guessing there will be a few moves happening BEFORE the deadline or Marat could play Friday…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I just looked and was really surprised to see the power usage of the 12″ vs 10″ was just .2 amps more, so the 32AH battery isn’t going to be a big issue, just lower the backlight a bit more…The 12″ screen is 1.5 lbs heavier than the 10″ and then add the bigger mounting bracket as well… my guess is you’ll be around 32-33 lbs…in the end 28 vs 32 pounds is nothing, they are BOTH heavy to lug around )

My current setup is 23 lbs – 93sv is 2.3 lbs vs 126sv 5.5 lbs.

I am not sure how much difference the L vs XL summit bag is, but cant believe it would be more than a lb. So +4 lbs to my current 23lb total and I should still be 27-28lbs. Will obviously confirm once I get it swapped out.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So I have the 106sv, Summit HD shuttle, Summit L bag, LVS34, Amped 32ah battery, Garmin all-in-one harness and short network cord and it weighs 28.2 pounds total.

The 126sv head unit is 1.5 lbs heavier than the 106sv and then the metal bracket difference (I don’t have that weight) + add the weight difference between a Large vs XL bag…I’d guess that will be 2-3 lbs total…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

So I have the 106sv, Summit HD shuttle, Summit L bag, LVS34, Amped 32ah battery, Garmin all-in-one harness and short network cord and it weighs 28.2 pounds total.

The 126sv head unit is 1.5 lbs heavier than the 106sv and then the metal bracket difference (I don’t have that weight) + add the weight difference between a Large vs XL bag…I’d guess that will be 2-3 lbs total…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2036-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2033-scaled.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

can you list out your bundle again? all pieces that were weighed? It looks like you have the old Summit shuttle? not the HD?

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Ya I modified the old 3d printed Summit shuttle so the 126 would fit – I didnt want the heavier CNC shuttle or the Archlab with exposed wires/possible arcing.

Case & Shuttle = Summit XL Bag and 3d printed Summit Shuttle
    Transducer = LVS32
    Screen = Echomap UHD 126sv
    Battery = Amped 30ah wide
    Cables = Garmin ice bundle cable harness (010-12676-40) and short female network cable (010-12531-10)
    Covers = Summit LVS32 transducer cover, Garmin screen cover

TOTAL BUNDLE WEIGHT = 29.2 lbs

JoeMX1825
    MN

gotcha, that and batteries and ducer equates to our number differences…You should switch to the 32ah NMC battery, shaves off almost 2 lbs and the higher current is better for the screen & livescope image…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

gotcha, that and batteries and ducer equates to our number differences…You should switch to the 32ah NMC battery, shaves off almost 2 lbs and the higher current is better for the screen & livescope image…

Do you have a link for the 32ah? If it will save me 2lbs and is higher current I will probably do it.

Thanks Joe

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

30Ah Lithium Battery (LiFePO4) Wide = Weight: 6lbs 10oz
    32Ah Lithium Battery (14.8V NMC) with Charger = Weight: 4lb 13oz

Cant believe the 32AH is that much lighter – appreciate the heads up on it! Definitely will be grabbing the 32

JoeMX1825
    MN

Cant believe the 32AH is that much lighter – appreciate the heads up on it! Definitely will be grabbing the 32

yeah, its a great battery, some bark at the NMC’s reduced charge cycles but who seriously get’s to even 400-500 charge cycles on a battery?

Just remember the NMCs use their own specific charger…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzlyhackle wrote:</div>

yeah, its a great battery, some bark at the NMC’s reduced charge cycles but who seriously get’s to even 400-500 charge cycles on a battery?

Just remember the NMCs use their own specific charger…

Have you seen it on sale at all? I don’t need it right away, but have the NMC battery and Arclab transducer pole/bundle on my list. I can wait if they have sales at all throughout the year, but kinda nervous of price increases (like with everything else).

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve never seen them have “sales” but they used to have a few 10% off coupon codes floating around the internet that still worked…Arclab pole is nice, but it doesn’t break down very compact, is it worth the $200+ price increase over a Summit pole? that’s for you to decide…I went with 2 Summit poles (I found the short 36″ icefishing only pole for $20 on craigslist, that thing folds into itself and is only like 12″ long…)

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I’ll have to keep an eye out for the coupon then – appreciate it.

The Arclab pole is actually almost $400 once shipping from CA is included:

I cant explain the disappointment I’ve had with the Summit pole – never pans well and sticks all the time. Arclab has the integrated swivel collar and is light years better than the Summit pole. Was on the fence and then used a buddies and was immediately sold. Crazy expensive and hard to stomach, but I’ll be using it for both ice and open water and guess its going to be buy twice cry once sort of deal.

JoeMX1825
    MN

hmm, never had a single issue with my Summit poles, I don’t troll fast with them though…

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.