Livescope Build

• PmB

Looks like the 106sv deal is done

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I was able to get the 93uhd FOR 699.00 at BPS. Was notified today I was lucky and the got 106 Ultra for 999.99 Was notified it was shipping . Also bought the Hodges Marine deal for 1563.00 on the live scope. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I was able to get the 93uhd FOR 699.00 at BPS. Was notified today I was lucky and the got 106 Ultra for 999.99 Was notified it was shipping . Also bought the Hodges Marine deal for 1563.00 on the live scope. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

So you ordered one of each to start and you weren’t sure if you’d get the 106?

olas88

Everything I have seen says the 106sv is about 2.5 times the power of the 93sv?

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>

So you ordered one of each to start and you weren’t sure if you’d get the 106?

I ordered the 93 first , then waited till Friday at 1:30 Am and ordered the 106 . Both times it took a long time for the orde. Thought i might not get either of them, it was that slow . I was hitting the buy button right at 1:30 AM

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Everything I have seen says the 106sv is about 2.5 times the power of the 93sv?

That very well may be ,faster processor over a million pixels . MG Marine on you tube did a breakdown between the 93 and the 106. I say a significant difference in performance between them .

olas88

I just about pulled the trigger for the 106 but wasnt sure i wanted to carry around a 10″ screen for ice fishing. That and i probably would have gone with a slightly bigger battery as well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I really like the idea of having a single screen that moves between my boat and my ice fishing bundle, I was able to get the 106sv Black Friday deal and after I sell off my 93UHD and boat Helix unit it just made sense for how I fish…I know I was initially recommending against using the 10″ screen for the ice bundle, but I was wrong with my power consumption assumption (say that 3 times fast) and the idea of an all-in-one unit (Summer & Winter usage) is just too good to pass on, especially at the Black Friday price…I also just verfied that the all-in-one Ice bundle wiring harness works with the Ultra 106, so that was another ? I wasn’t initially sure of that helped sway my decision to upgrade.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just swapped the 93UHD out for a 106sv in my Livescope bundle and it now weighs 24 lbs (with an 18ah Amped battery)…so its about 3.5 pounds heavier than the 93UHD bundle, most of that weight gain is in the Ultra’s metal cradle vs the plastic one the 93UHD’s use, the Ultra 106 is alot beefier than the 93uhd, but I think it’s only a pound heavier… It’s a little tough to zip close the Garmin XL bag, but I think I can do a bit more adjusting of the cradle screws and screen storage angle to make it easier…

The screen resolution difference (between the Ultra 106 and the 93UHD) is very very noticable, the map loading speed is also alot faster…

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I called Garmin and he said the xl bag fit , but was tight with a 106. Also read on Livescope Tips and Tricks that newer produced bags may be a bit larger ? Even though its still an XL Garmin bag. What set of holes did you mount it to ? Indeed the 106 was to good a deal to pass on , mine was delivered today .

Crappeye

I bought a used 106 prior to the BF deal. The bail mount is a hoss. I had basskhang custom 3D print a mount. Cut a lot of weight off. I put it on a basskhang large shuttle with an LVS 12 transducer (30 degrees instead of 135). Couldn’t beat LVS 12 for 230 online. Also no black box. Did not weigh it but with a 19AH battery it is noticeably lighter. Headed to red tomorrow. I still have full scope too for direct comparison. My hope was to have a livescope hole hopping set up. I’ll report back.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I bought a used 106 prior to the BF deal. The bail mount is a hoss. I had basskhang custom 3D print a mount. Cut a lot of weight off. I put it on a basskhang large shuttle with an LVS 12 transducer (30 degrees instead of 135). Couldn’t beat LVS 12 for 230 online. Also no black box. Did not weigh it but with a 19AH battery it is noticeably lighter. Headed to red tomorrow. I still have full scope too for direct comparison. My hope was to have a livescope hole hopping set up. I’ll report back.

My summer fishing plan was to put a LVS12 on my boat mounted back on the stern next to a GT56, I would then use the 106 while moving in the boat, then pop the screen onto my Garmin bundle bag and use with a pole while casting at the bow….

Crappeye

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Crappeye wrote:</div>

My summer fishing plan was to put a LVS12 on my boat mounted back on the stern next to a GT56, I would then use the 106 while moving in the boat, then pop the screen onto my Garmin bundle bag and use with a pole while casting at the bow….

Doing the same with mine. I have a 93 too for bow and stern. Should be a sweet set up come spring for jigging or scoping while running. Jay Siemens went full Monty and rocks LVS 32 now and stern—he has video of install online.

JoeMX1825
    MN

i’m just worrried the stress that will be put on the LVS12 when the boat is at full speed? Will there be a huge rooster tail? That transducer needs to stick quite a bit under the pad to scan properly…

Crappeye

Watch Jays video on it. Doesn’t seem noticeable. He put it on a mounting board and looks like he had to adjust his screw holes up so it may actually be able to sit up high. Yet to mount or tinker with mine this year. I have a rather flat bottom boat, no V to deal with.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I called Garmin and he said the xl bag fit , but was tight with a 106. Also read on Livescope Tips and Tricks that newer produced bags may be a bit larger ? Even though its still an XL Garmin bag. What set of holes did you mount it to ? Indeed the 106 was to good a deal to pass on , mine was delivered today .

Here’s my 106 with the Garmin XL case zipped up, its tight getting the zipper around the upper corners of the screen, but its doable…i’ll continue to play around with the stowed screen angle, see if a particular angle is better??

Attachments:
    1. 788335A5-E4AA-4D91-9819-9C265DB793B6-scaled.jpeg

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Dang, just a little more material! Well its closed . Are you in the back set of holes ?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dang, just a little more material! Well its closed . Are you in the back set of holes ?

no, the middle set I beleive, from the back set of holes it would be impossible to tilt the screen or unlatch it from the cradle then, I need to be able to do both…

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I really like the idea of having a single screen that moves between my boat and my ice fishing bundle, I was able to get the 106sv Black Friday deal and after I sell off my 93UHD and boat Helix unit it just made sense for how I fish…I know I was initially recommending against using the 10″ screen for the ice bundle, but I was wrong with my power consumption assumption (say that 3 times fast) and the idea of an all-in-one unit (Summer & Winter usage) is just too good to pass on, especially at the Black Friday price…I also just verfied that the all-in-one Ice bundle wiring harness works with the Ultra 106, so that was another ? I wasn’t initially sure of that helped sway my decision to upgrade.

Did the short network cable work with your new setup?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have to check, when I finally took my Livescope setup apart to swap the 106, I did notice that my network cable was wrapped up several times (i’d guess is was about 4-6′ long or so) so it was obviously longer than the 2′ cable I know I purchased. I need to look through all of my boxes and make sure I have the proper network cable being used…

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>

no, the middle set I beleive, from the back set of holes it would be impossible to tilt the screen or unlatch it from the cradle then, I need 93 to be able to do both…

Thanks Joe even with the 93 in the back holes left no room for adjustment , has to be in the middle for sure . I tried adjusting the cradle in the bag , pushing it as far back as it will go thought I could gain some . Not much, but helped ever so slightly .

JoeMX1825
    MN

I had ZERO issues with the bag closing with a 93UHD, the 106 is tight though, but I feel like the bag could stretch a bit…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Finally got it put together, should be on the ice next weekend…

Attachments:
    1. 6C14CB15-1751-43B6-AE3A-DEE98128D9A1-scaled.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

what’s the final weight of your bundle? (With what battery?)

I’m now going through my bundle looking for ways to trim weight…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I had ZERO issues with the bag closing with a 93UHD, the 106 is tight though, but I feel like the bag could stretch a bit…

I’ve found tilting the screen upwards a tad allows the zipper to close easier now since the bag opening has more stretch room on the bottom vs the upper sides…

I have a new screen cover idea coming in the mail soon that might improve it as well.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I just got around to figuring out the summit pole assembly.

Did they eliminate the end cap or did I get shorted?

Thanks!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thanks!

mine got stuck inside the box, thought they forgot to include it…

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dandorn wrote:</div>

Thanks!

mine got stuck inside the box, thought they forgot to include it…

Thanks. Wasn’t in box unless it fell out on the way to garage.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzlyhackle wrote:</div>

what’s the final weight of your bundle? (With what battery?)

I’m now going through my bundle looking for ways to trim weight…

23 lbs on the dot – bag/transducer/echomap 93/battery…everything minus the pole

I’m using an Amped 30Ah wide

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Can someone who is using a short network cable please provide a picture of it.

Thanks!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.