Light at the end of the tunnel

• CaptainMusky

Nice ride Captain!

Thank you! I love it. Just trying to figure out what all these fancy buttons do. My ventilated seats dont work, but I dont think I will be needing those for a while LOL. No idea when the chips will be in for that, but no worries. I do hate that stop start thing. I can turn it off, but have to do it each time I start it up. I dont want to drive a dang golf cart around.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I can turn it off, but have to do it each time I start it up.

There must be a way to disable it all the time. I had that on our Escape and told the dealer to disable it immediately.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    I can turn it off, but have to do it each time I start it up.

There must be a way to disable it all the time. I had that on our Escape and told the dealer to disable it immediately.

There is. Did it on my old man’s

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Those are some beautiful looking brand new trucks. I’m more of a trucks are for beating on, and the Mrs. can upgrade whenever with the latest greatest type philosophy. My 2013 F150 keeps on keeping on, and I don’t cringe driving through fields or busting into drifts.

The Mrs. is currently in a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but is trying to decide between a 2023 Wagoneer or a 2023 F150. She’s brought both home for overnight trials, and it appears she might be leaning towards the truck. If she ever pulls the trigger I’ll share a picture.

CaptainMusky

I have yet to find out how on the refresh model. There is a button right under the NASA sized screen that I just push, but there is nothing in the vehicle settings that I can find. I asked the salesman and he said there isnt a way to do it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I have yet to find out how on the refresh model. There is a button right under the NASA sized screen that I just push, but there is nothing in the vehicle settings that I can find. I asked the salesman and he said there isnt a way to do it.

My old man’s is a 21. Have to imagine the 22 isn’t much different

realtreeap10
    Over there

From what I’ve seen the only way to disable the start/stop feature is with a programmer to change it – might have warranty impacts. or Range sells a start/stop disabler that plugs into the OBD2 port you can remove easily if it ever needs to go in for service.

CaptainMusky

Mine is a 22 refresh. Its a completely different inside. I dont think the steering wheel is even the same. The 22 limited would be the same as your dad’s.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine is a 22 refresh. Its a completely different inside. I dont think the steering wheel is even the same. The 22 limited would be the same as your dad’s.

I’m not talking about interior. I’m talking about computer programs.

CaptainMusky

I understand that, but how did you turn it off on your dad’s? There is nothing in any of the menus that allows you to turn it off. There is just a button below the display screen.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I understand that, but how did you turn it off on your dad’s? There is nothing in any of the menus that allows you to turn it off. There is just a button below the display screen.

Can’t remember off top my head. Call and talk to the service tech. Not the salesmen

CaptainMusky

Can’t remember off top my head. Call and talk to the service tech. Not the salesmen

OK I will do that, I watched a video earlier where a guy disabled it on the prior generation truck, but literally tore the lower dash apart to do it. Im not interested in that.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.