Light at the end of the tunnel

• CaptainMusky

Mine was built in Flint Michigan. It shipped at the beginning of September, but there was a delay unlading in from the rail yard that pushed it back a couple weeks before I was able to get it.

Thanks! I was thinking about a month, but maybe sooner.

BrianF

Took delivery of my 2023 Tahoe last night. Ordered Aug. 1st, so a little over four months lead time. Boy, have SUVs changed since I last bought mine 10 years ago. Nice! Will take a while to figure out all the buttons though.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Took delivery of my 2023 Tahoe last night. Ordered Aug. 1st, so a little over four months lead time. Boy, have SUVs changed since I last bought mine 10 years ago. Nice! Will take a while to figure out all the buttons though.

You are right on that… drove a Grand Wagoneer yesterday… seen the button “waterfall” pushed it and got the most luxurious massage I ever got in a SUV… shock applause peace woot

CaptainMusky

Congrats! My truck made it to the Distribution Center in New Richmond, Wi last Monday. Was at the dealer yesterday getting my son’s oil changed so I was BS’ing with the General Manager about my truck and another gentleman who was waiting for a long time for a Yukon XL Denali Ultimate. His first order was canceled, but now his is on its way.
    Two half tons were scheduled to come in yesterday, but neither were mine. The GM ended up looking up the status of my truck and said its scheduled to be delivered next week so fingers crossed.
    All the features of these new trucks are unreal which is why I wanted the 22 refresh and not the 22 limited which had almost the same interior my 2018 had.
    My topper came in 2 weeks ago LOL

CaptainMusky

Just got the call, my truck is FINALLY in. Has to go through service and then PDI so maybe Friday or Monday I will be able to pick it up.

JEREMY
    BP

All the features of these new trucks are unreal which is why I wanted the 22 refresh and not the 22 limited

The dash in the late 22 is unreal but I havent decided if i would rather have that over my 22 limited. If that thing fails a few years down the road I dont even want to imagine a replacement cost.

JEREMY
    BP

Actually not that bad now. $550 for the cluster and $620 for the radio. 3 years from now when they start coming out of warranty that will triple.

CaptainMusky

The dash in the late 22 is unreal but I havent decided if i would rather have that over my 22 limited. If that thing fails a few years down the road I dont even want to imagine a replacement cost.

Yeah that could be spendy, but after having 3 trucks from 2015 to 2018 I did NOT want to stare at the same dash again.
    I went and checked it out over lunch and now I cannot concentrate at work. I got to fire it up and that 6.2 just rumbles.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20221207_173909547-scaled.jpg

2. PXL_20221207_173900471-scaled.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I went and checked it out over lunch and now I cannot concentrate at work.

Haha. Its just eating at you isn’t it.

CaptainMusky

Haha. Its just eating at you isn’t it.

I cannot believe how patient I have been through all of this, but yes it indeed is.

MX1825

Hey Cap I’d refuse it. It has snow on it already! doah

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Mine showed up at the dealer last Friday but they won’t release it due to a recall.
    I went to the dealer today to take a peek.
    They did let me know that there is a limited amount of parts being released for the repair and I was allocated one. They said I should have my truck by Christmas.

Attachments:
    1. 09407804-079D-4DD8-93E3-9CAF7336ADCD-scaled.jpeg

2. 211AE3A7-79B2-46A9-B19B-9E37E52261D8-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine showed up at the dealer last Friday but they won’t release it due to a recall.
    I went to the dealer today to take a peek.
    They did let me know that there is a limited amount of parts being released for the repair and I was allocated one. They said I should have my truck by Christmas.[/quote

That ram is nice. Needs better Meats on the wheels and it would look even better.

CaptainMusky

Looks nice eelpout! I hope everything goes smoothly and they get that figured out for you. I know my cooled seats won’t work for now but I’m sure I won’t need those for a while lol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Ya, I know a guy at Wheelpros in Brooklyn Park who’s going to hook me up.
    It has 18’s and I’ll bump it up to 22’s with Black Fuel rims with a burgundy highlights. (maybe something like this)

LOL, my salesman sad they already have had 4 calls from dealers wanting to buy it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This

Attachments:
    1. fuel-d712-rage-gloss-black-candy-red-tinted-milled-accents_1.jpg

CaptainMusky

LOL, my salesman sad they already have had 4 calls from dealers wanting to buy it.

My salesman called me in the middle of a conference call. I took off my headset and answered. He said you better get over here and get your truck before someone else buys it. Then laughed his ass off.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Epg, those are nice wheels. It’s nice having a hook up. The woman has a hook up at norms tire and wheel so I change out my wheels every couple years. My 22s rode terrible but that was because I went to wide. I went back to 20 inch moto metals

Attachments:
    1. 20210328_134729-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Bearcat those look sweet!

Looks better with my Falken tires on now. Those tires were free bees from the old ladies work.

CaptainMusky

Looks better with my Falken tires on now. Those tires were free bees from the old ladies work.

Pics or it isnt true you know the rules. -)

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Pics or it isnt true you know the rules. -)
    [/quote]

I some how don’t have a pic on my phone and I’m in my work truck now lol.

Stanley

Hey CaptainMusky, sweet looking truck! I see you got it from Miller’s. Too bad Tom sold out a few years ago maybe I could have helped fast track your truck since I’m related to him lol.

CaptainMusky

Hey CaptainMusky, sweet looking truck! I see you got it from Miller’s. Too bad Tom sold out a few years ago maybe I could have helped fast track your truck since I’m related to him lol.

Haha! Tom is a great dude! It wont be the same without him around that is for sure, but its in good hands with Christy and Grant. They are wonderful people and he couldnt have sold it to a more capable duo. They treat their employees really well. They both request my son to do their personal vehicles because to does such a great job. He wasnt too fond of doing Christy’s Camaro ZL1 because it was a manual and he isnt that great at driving one and he let the clutch out and it was going like 20 MPH so he had to hold a foot on the brake the whole time! He also doesnt like doing Grant’s boats LOL. They treat him well though.

Stanley

Tom is out of all the dealership stuff now and about as retired as he could be and spends lots of time at his cabin in Canada fishing. Last I saw him I asked how Canada was since he wasn’t able to go up there because of reasons and he said on a scale of 1-10 it was 100 and they caught tons of fish. For those that don’t know him he is a big fisherman and has quite the passion for it. Anyway glad your truck is finally in and I hope you get to enjoy it for years to come.

CaptainMusky

Great news on Tom. I used to work for him way back in the day out of college before I got the job where I work now. He hasnt seemed to age a bit in all that time. Glad he is able to have health and enjoy retirement! I will never forget he had a celebration on the Riverboat cruise from Pirates Cove for all the employees and their spouses. My wife and I and another couple were sitting downstairs as we went up the river and my wife says “OMG look at that house it looks like a Taco Bell” (because of the blue roof and white brick). Little did she know it was Tom’s house and they were sitting right there! LOL IDK if they heard it or not, but I told her to SHHH immediately after and explained everything.

Stanley

That house is huge on the inside. Toms wife is my dads sister so every year at Christmas that side of the family would get together at their house and there would be 40–50 people in there and it didn’t feel crowded at all.

CaptainMusky

Well, the wait was certainly worth it! This truck is amazing. Went to see my dad over the weekend and he said it was too fancy LOL.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20221220_150223289-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.