Lawn sweeper ?

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Anyone use a lawn sweeper? I use these Agri-Fabs but they don’t hold up well.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

We have a large lawn. We have a 1/2 ton pickup with an 8′ box that we put on side stakes & walls as high as the cab. We would backpack blow leaves in rows, lay a sheet of plywood on the bumper then push them on. Then we had to do unload them. I counted loads 2 years – 34 & 39. Then I didn’t want to know anymore. Pic is without sides.

Three years ago we bought a DR Power lawn vacuum 341 Pro. John Deere makes a bolt on “boot (adapter) to fit the mower deck to the 8” hose. WOW!! I can do the entire place in a few days. JUST RIDING AROUND and then dumping – no unloading. Anything you are willing to run threw your mower it will pick up. I counted loads the first year – only 19. I thought that the hopper was kind of small. I was wrong. I thought I would spend all my time dumping but since it chops and packs it holds more than the truck. If I had someone with a blower to clear the trees (my 97 year old Dad can’t run the blower anymore) I bet we could clean up the entire place in ONE good day.

Best $2000 I ever spent. If your have a decent size rider and a place to dump, I would look at them. 5 stars and I’m hard to please.

Attachments:
    1. DSCF1244-scaled.jpg

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I do not know about a lawn sweeper, but I want to buy that truck Hodag!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Anyone use a lawn sweeper? I use these Agri-Fabs but they don’t hold up well.

My parents had one and it didn’t hold up great despite being babied. If you’re trying to pick up clippings or leaves from your yard I’d use a big backpack blower or bagger made for a riding mower.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I have one works like it should. It doesn’t store very at all.
    big pain in the ass

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I’ve had Agri-Fab and John Deere lawn sweepers. Neither of them held up very well. By the second year I was replacing parts in the drive wheel assemblies of both of them.

djshannon
    Crosslake

I have a “Cyclone Rake Classic” connected to my John Deere LX178 tractor

https://www.cyclonerake.com/store/Leaf-and-Lawn-Vacuum/cyclone-rake-models/

I have used it for about 10 years, it works great. It takes about 10 loads to do my yard once and the 200 gal block is paced tight. Would I buy one again, YES.

Back the rake out to where you want the leaves and dump it.

I do my yard about 3 or 4 times a year.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I do not know about a lawn sweeper, but I want to buy that truck Hodag!!

Sorry but . . . . Stand in line. I actually had to put a sign on the back window “Not For Sale”. It’s part of the family. My Dad bought it new in 1972 (I was 10) for $5268 including the plow. But that was a years salary in those days.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I use a 50″ Ohio Steel I bought from Tractor supply. It works well. I also had to replace the drive wheel after about 3 years. I use it for about an acre. I think I’m on year 7 maybe and the fabric needs to be replaced but that’s my fault for how I store it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.