Lakewood Ice Rod Caddy

• jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I owned one once… I now own a Scheels 2.0… Do you have any specific questions about it? I will try to answer them, but I did not use the lakewood for long.

Reed

How was the quality? Why did you switch to the scheels case?

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

The quality of the construction of the case is excellent, as is anything from Lakewood. I felt the design lacked the things I was wanting in a case. A hard case offers far superior construction to the rods, but it comes with a trade off and that is the weight and bulk. I wanted a case to protect my rods while in the truck and in storage in the off season. When I am fishing I normally take 2 or 3 rods out of the case and put them on a rack built into my smitty sled. If I am out on a large lake and going to bounce around and chase multiple species where I will need more rods along I will generally have a machine to transport myself and gear and the heavy bulky case gets strapped to the rack or on in the shack, and weight is not an issue. The Lakewood I found was not rigid enough to really strap down and not crush some what. Also the fabric construction concerned me that there was a chance of water absorbing into the case from slush etc, and being a pain to dry out between trips.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.