Lake Winnipeg

• Easton Sempf

Any one know the travel conditions on big windy? All tracked vehicles or am I ok with just my truck?

Cameron white

Any one know the travel conditions on big windy? All tracked vehicles or am I ok with just my truck?

tracks will make your life a lot easier. A single truck should never be on the lake.

toursauce32
    West Fargo, ND

Truck travel is real tough right now. You would want to have 2 or 3 pickups in your group with tow straps to pull each other out as you get stuck. Best bet is tracks.

Cameron white

Cam I know truck travel is ill advised. How are the quads and side by sides getting around now? I know tracks are obvious choice just wondering if the smaller wheels vehicles are staying on top of the snow.

No major issues if your smart with wheels. I run a grizzly with no issues. It’s getting right around 34 degrees this weekend, so will be a gong show with trucks. Lots of side by sides out, with and without tracks.

Cameron white

Thanks Cam how’s the bite. I am still a few weeks away before I come up but has it slowed some being in the mid winter doldrums.

Slowed quite a bit. They have definitely settled into a mid winter pattern. Lots of locals crying the blues because they don’t know how to find them. Still big fish coming out, guides are working for them. The river is picking up. Big pods of fish, but hard to pin them down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.