Lake Of The Woods

• Marcus Petty

I’m going up to Arnesens January 2nd-5th and was wondering what oz jigs to bring up? Also any jig suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!!

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

Bring what you got. I’ve gone down as far as 1/64th to get fish there. I’ve also used some ridiculously sized spoons when they’re going nuts just to keep the smaller ones off. It’s always better to have and not need then need and not have.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jig size depends more on the rods you are using. There’s a ton of stuff that works up there if you search back thru the LOW forum, personally I like Red Buckshots or Rattlin Flyers with a set line. Chubby Darters, Stop Signs, Rattlin Raps are all traditionally good options too.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve liked the 1/8oz or 3/16 oz lindy Rattlin Flyers the best. Did okay on Rippin raps one year, but that doesn’t seem as consistent as rattlin’ spoon tipped with fathead!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Most all colors work for me as long as there gold. wink
    Rippin raps should be in the arsenal.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

EGP nailed it.

Golds (and some reds) and I always bring way too many RR but I always catch the most fish of the group too. They other guys snicker and tease, but I shut them up fast.

I play with sizes and intensity and can usually find something that works. I get tired of playing the “minimal movement tempt them like stubborn bluegills” game. I want the active and hungry (or pissed off) fish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.