Nice one, Joel! woot woot woot

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I was hoping to see this fish on today’s show. frown bawling mad ???

Cal and I co-hosted this week’s show. Joel was along for a shot at a PB which he pulled off in a big way. I know Ben Larson helped Joel take some nice pics of that beast that I’m sure will make appearances in print and online for years to come.

castle-rock-clown

I have another theory…there were too many excitement induced expletives hollered rendering it unfit for film. I bet somewhere in the editing room vault there is this priceless footage that someday will be auctioned off for big bucks at Sotheby’s to help fund Joel’s retirement. Too bad he’s so young and others here are old that we will be dead before it sees the light of day.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have another theory…there were too many excitement induced expletives hollered rendering it unfit for film. I bet somewhere in the editing room vault there is this priceless footage that someday will be auctioned off for big bucks at Sotheby’s to help fund Joel’s retirement. Too bad he’s so young and others here are old that we will be dead before it sees the light of day.

I do remember a lot of excitement around that fish and some of the things said would definitely preclude all involved from ever holding higher office. blush

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I do remember a lot of excitement around that fish and some of the things said would definitely preclude all involved from ever holding higher office.

While not fit for airing as part of the show… those are the moments of pure fun and excitement needed in the background to keep the hard work behind the show possible. The experiences help feed the passion and keep it real. Without those, it eventually becomes just a job, a task, and eventually that comes through.

Jim Katakis
    North West Ohio

Been Tearing it up out there! If anyone’s looking to go, pick me up on your way! I live in Toledo and I’m here to tell ya it’s worth the trip! Last outing 3 fish over 7 pounds including one 29 inch and one 30 incher that a friend caught. If I could say anything in the videos it looked like y’all were only about two, or three miles out. That week we were fishing 4+ miles, the island should look much bigger. You guys were on fish though great to see your in my neck of the woods tight lines fellas! Here’s a pick of my buddies 30″r

Attachments:
    1. image96.jpg

joc
    Western and Central, NY

On the western end of lake Erie Eye’s average (5 to 10) pounds. You don’t often see one much under 5 pounds when trolling in open water. This is out of NY, but not to far from Ohio. They may be the biggest eyes on the planet. It makes sense if you find these same fish under the ice that would run similar in size. Perch and SM_Bass are also Hugh along with the occasional Musky. Every now and then a Musky attacks a hooked oversized walleye. The trouble is the Eyes are caught mainly using downriggers since they are chasing alewives, “very mechanical”. 12.5 pounds is quite a fish even by Erie’s standards.
    http://www.dec.ny.gov/pubs/44678.html

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>
    I was hoping to see this fish on today’s show.  :frown:  :bawling:  :mad: ???

Cal and I co-hosted this week’s show. Joel was along for a shot at a PB which he pulled off in a big way. I know Ben Larson helped Joel take some nice pics of that beast that I’m sure will make appearances in print and online for years to come.

Thanks all for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it! It was a special moment shared with good friends, and like I said, how lucky was I to have those guys to help land her? And to have Ben photo her? Humbled by the experience and blessed to be a part of the team!!!

Feels like yesterday but with the infamy that also feels like it could be years ago. Can’t wait to do it again. When you get a few mid-twenties and up sized fish, and you see what mark they cast on a Marcum….it gets scary. Each drive-by is that much more heartbreaking, and each bite becomes that much more heart pounding!

Joel

claytondavis

awesome Joel!! congrats man!! loved the story

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I was lucky enough 12lb 5oz as my biggest eye to date.
    Joel

You Lucky Stiff!!!
    Kudos young man!

Andrew Byers
    Allegan, MI

WOW! great job Joel!!

I also managed my PB out on Erie right after you guys first shoot. I landed a smaller 30″ 11.76 lb beast. I set the pic as my profile pic. boy was i proud! Thank you for sharing and all the hard work you guys put in. I was happy to see a redux of Erie yesterday!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.