• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty good basketball player.

deertracker

It’s real. All on board died.
    DT

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Not necessarily a fan of the person but he grew into my favorite player to watch. He accomplished everything and unlike many others he didnt just coast on his talent but worked his tail off to make himself the best he could be. Great player and overall pretty good ambassador to the game lost today.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Rumors that his daughters are the other passengers that were aboard. That would make this even worse…..Hoping it’s not true.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve seen (but not confirmed) via social media that he has donated over $14 million dollars of his own money in his lifetime on-top of his own foundation’s work and donations.

Whether you’re a basketball fan or not, this guy was a worldly figure who impacted the lives of many.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve seen (but not confirmed) via social media that he has donated over $14 million dollars of his own money in his lifetime on-top of his own foundation’s work and donations.

Whether you’re a basketball fan or not, this guy was a worldly figure who impacted the lives of many.

Well I hate to speak badly of the dead but he did impact the life of the women he raped. So I won’t stick him on a pedestal.

Sorry to derail the thread.

klang

Rumors that his daughters are the other passengers that were aboard. That would make this even worse…..Hoping it’s not true.

Now saying his 13 yr old daughter was one, unconfirmed

munchy
    NULL

I’ve seen a report his 13 year old daughter was also one of the victims. Hopefully those are just rumors.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Has Shaq tweeted about it yet?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I saw it was his daughters and Rick Fox. I’m guessing speculation at this point. Time will tell.

munchy
    NULL

I saw it was his daughters and Rick Fox. I’m guessing speculation at this point. Time will tell.

Rick Fox has been confirmed alive and well

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

To view keyboard shortcuts, press question mark
    View keyboard shortcuts
    20+
    Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation

SHAQ
    @SHAQ
    There’s no words to express the pain Im going through with this tragedy of loosing my neice Gigi & my brother
    @kobebryant
    I love u and u will be missed. My condolences goes out to the Bryant family and the families of the other passengers on board. IM SICK RIGHT NOW
    4:46 PM · Jan 26, 2020·

Deleted

I still remember him as the butt rapist. No tears for him here.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Very sad indeed… unfortunately he led a life most could never know. I did hear some guy this morning, comparing his death, to that of Pat Tillmans…. sorry, not even close.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I guess reading these posts maybe I am in the minority here, but when you hear people mention, “I always remember where I was at when I heard JFK/Elvis/etc. had passed away.” Being that I’m only 29 years old and Kobe was a legend for youth of my age (he was never my favorite player), I would say this is the first tragic death of someone I never met that I’ll always remember.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Very sad indeed… unfortunately he led a life most could never know. I did hear some guy this morning, comparing his death, to that of Pat Tillmans…. sorry, not even close.

Tillman was a war hero. Kobe was a guy who played basketball.

JEREMY
    BP

Ya it sucks. Ya know what else sucks other peoples family and friends died in that crash to but they aren’t even important enough for the news to barely mention.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Well I hate to speak badly of the dead but he did impact the life of the women he raped. So I won’t stick him on a pedestal.

I thought for awhile i was the only one who felt this way. I can’t get over how much people idolize a basketball player who lived 41 years. There was 3 kids on board who never got experience life.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Tillman was a football player….who gave it up to serve his country.

JEREMY
    BP

Come on its the same thing. Dying in the mountains of Afganistan serving your country is kinda of like dying taking a helicopter to basketball practice.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

I thought for awhile i was the only one who felt this way. I can’t get over how much people idolize a basketball player who lived 41 years. There was 3 kids on board who never got experience life.

Exactly! First thing came to my mind is he had 4 girls and was hoping they were not inside. All they talk about was Kobe and his legacy. It’s an unfortunate accident that took the lives of somebody’s loved ones. He may have skrewed up as a youngster with women basically throwing themselves at him, but was trying to do good things after the game which I can appreciate. We all grow and learn from our mistakes.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not wanting to make any excuses for some of the Negative things he may have did or was involved in doing, But when athletes make the kind of money they do they can become a target for allegations that may or may not be true. They also have the opportunity to get themselves into situations that the average guy doesn’t even have a chance to get themselves into.

Taking some of the questionable personal things in his life out of it – He seemed to be a nice guy who did a lot for his community and sport.

Prayers to not only his family, but to the families of all involved.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Come on its the same thing. Dying in the mountains of Afganistan serving your country is kinda of like dying taking a helicopter to basketball practice.

Everyone wants to make a big deal out of the fact he was going to a basketball practice or game in a helicopter. I know if myself and most others here had the means they would much rather take a quick flight in a helicopter to get to a fishing or hunting location than they would making the drive that would take them 5X longer.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty sure Jeremy was being sarcastic with his remark.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Ya it sucks. Ya know what else sucks other peoples family and friends died in that crash to but they aren’t even important enough for the news to barely mention.

I’m glad you mentioned this. That is the first thing that came to mind with the reports of this basketball player when I heard the reports. The blessing is they are not being harassed. Yet.

grizzly
    nebraska

X 2 I never heard of him before cause I don’t watch that stuff but I have heard enough already.talk about the other people to

Ramil

I can’t believe that this would be my first post but I can’t imagine his feelings seconds before they would crash…He is with his daughter man and it is just so sad to know that he can’t protect his daughter at that time.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

How many more have perished since this… let’s print them all.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m a mediocre NBA fan at best. However I have a lot of respect for people that strive to achieve nearly unobtainable goals. Kobe’s work ethics and charitable contributions will be missed.

The one thing I fear the most in life is losing my wife or my daughters. After by-passing the Kobe blitz in the media, it really sadden me to read and think about the horrific circumstances left behind for these families:

A son and daughter lost their family in that crash

John Altobelli, his wife, Keri, and daughter, Alyssa, were aboard the helicopter – Altobelli, 56, leaves behind a son and daughter

Husband and kids lost
    Christina Mauser, an assistant girls basketball coach at a K-8 private school

Lost Sarah Chester and her daughter, Payton

Lost pilot Ara Zobayan

Lost Bryant and Gianna

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.