Kingfisher attacked!

• tim hurley

Saw a kingfisher about to fly onto a perch when out of nowhere this raptor appears and grabs the kingfisher right out of the air.
    The raptor had him on a lawn-I usually leave nature alone but I went over and scared the raptor away and the kingfisher flew off.
    So if you were superstitious and believed in animal spirit gods and such, my help should bode well for my future fishing success.
    Anyway love those kingfishers.

riverruns
    Inactive

Not to worry. You saved one bird but another bird got sacrificed. The raptor still had to eat. You really didn’t acomplih anything but a good feeling for yourself. waytogo

tim hurley

Did’nt I mention I came back and we shared Mcnuggets? His favorite sauce is honey mustard.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Did’nt I mention I came back and we shared Mcnuggets? His favorite sauce is honey mustard.

jester jester Way to save the day, hate to see a raptor sacrificed.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m sure the raptor will be fine. In fact, it may get that kingfisher when he’s not looking.

By the way, I would have done the same thing…unless it was a rat.

tim hurley

Had he grabbed a dove I would have thought it was cool-Once saw an owl grab a skunk, that was probably the coolest.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

WHAT! Doves get extra protection in my yard.

tim hurley

They have a great song but they look like food don’t they?

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Lol. They kind of do look like food with that big ole breast. Same with pigeons (gag).

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

WHAT! Doves get extra protection in my yard.

We have some of those huge European doves in the yard. I can say the thought of beer can dove on the grill has crossed my mind.. whistling

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I never saw a Euro until I moved here. My whole life in MN I never saw one and was surprised when I looked up a map of their range. Same with a blue tailed skink.

Those Euros are pretty cool and we will probably see them and the mourning doves come winter once they are done raising the kids.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.